No announcement yet.

GBA SP 101 vs 001 comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, although the soldering doesn't look too taxing. Afterburner kits seem to be like hen's teeth now, too.

Originally posted by hellbelly View Post
    Here's mine :-)
    Very nice, I wasn't aware of a lime-green GBC existing!

Comment

Lime green is a standard colour lol.

They still look ace mind.

Comment

Maybe he was talking about the power LED

Comment

I was just as pleased popping that green LED in as I was with the screen light mod :-)

Comment

Lol, hadn't even noticed that but love the green led!

Just purchased a silver 101 for ?32 from an Amazon seller, unboxed but very good condition apparently so looking forward to receiving it. Shame it's silver - I'd have prefered black or either of the blue ones but for the price I really can't complain and will look at changing the shell anyway, an orange one would be sweet to match my 'cube.

Comment

Nice one. Let us know what you think of it.

Comment

Gutted. SP arrived and was just a standard 001 (albeit a US version!) - sending it back today so won't have lost any money, just annoying as doubt I'll find another for ?30ish!

Comment

I have a boxed AGS-101, Charcoal boxed. The screen really does impress, but it was REALLY expensive! I think with import tax I paid about 90 quid a few years back. Good luck getting one for ?30ish! What is the going rate these days, 50?

Comment

About that much, I paid $82.40 including shipping from America for mine back in December.
                    Last edited by Cepp; 24-05-2011, 00:00.

Comment

I have a brand new boxed 101 for sale

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                        I have a boxed AGS-101, Charcoal boxed. The screen really does impress, but it was REALLY expensive! I think with import tax I paid about 90 quid a few years back. Good luck getting one for ?30ish! What is the going rate these days, 50?
                        I got an unboxed one off eBay for ?35 last year? Blue though... Would have preferred the black.

Comment

I plan to get an unboxed AGS-101 and a Japanese Char's Special SP and swap the innards. Should be quite awesome.

Even better would be the $1000 Samus Two Tone that was only available through Club Nintendo with a 101 screen in it!!

Comment

I am eternally indebted to Link83 for pointing me in the direction of this on ebay, outer case is heavily worn but planning to swap it with a new housing - possibly Famicom Color type if I can get my hands on one:

Comment

Seems like there was a Toys R Us exclusive Spongebob Squarepants AGS-101 released in the US. It can be had cheaply on Amazon.com. It's ugly but could be swapped for a nicer case if you had one.

Comment

I'm in Abu dhabi now. Found some new old stock 101's for ?110. leaving in 2 days if anyone wants me to bring one back.

Also found brand new pink (x2) and green (x1) gameboy micros for ?70

Comment

Working...
                                X