Easy access saving accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy access saving accounts

My job's stability is questionable at the moment so I need to start putting money away. If I leave money in my current account it'd just encourage me to fritter it away.

I'll only be putting in small amounts at a time (<?100) at irregular intervals (ideally I could pay into it using a debit card) and I'd need relatively speedy access to it without fines and penalties. Not too worried about interest rates (it's not going to be ultra long term) so shiny bonuses for joining would be more preferable.

Any reccomendations?

I have an online saver and ISA in my online banking. Both allow you to move money into and out of instantly. Interest in the ISA is obviously better but thats better for longer term investment so I would look into the online saver.

Comment

Agree with the above, If you're not worried about the interest rate I'd look for an online instant access saver with whoever you have your current account with.

Comment

Just as an example, I'm with barclays and there's an online savings and an online savings reward. The latter gives a decentish rate if you leave money in there, but drops if you withdraw during a month. Go for the latter, you will be more likely to leave it in there.

Comment

Working...
        X