13 Assassins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 Assassins

Saw this at Cineworld Brighton last night - delighted such a film came to my local cinema, but was the print ****ed! Really stretched, and lots of sound dropouts in the second reel. Lots of flickering, and the top half was out of focus (this was after I'd asked the staff to adjust it so at least some of the screen was in focus - Cineworld have **** quality control).

Well, even with the presentation issues, which in a perverse way I liked as it gave the film an authentic feel, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. It's bad arse. First half is slow, with lots of people popping up, but once this gets going, **** it's awesome. The sword fighting it beautiful, there's a precision to it.... it's ****ing awesome! Check it out on the big screen if you get the chance. I'm thinking of going again

I saw this last night. All I can say is wow. The final battle lasts for nearly 40 minutes and is truly amazing. The odds are so stacked against the heroes that when they waded in with their katanas it was like a live action Koei game.

This will be an instant blu ray purhase for me and will sit proudly next to Red Cliff in my collection

Comment

Damn, I was going to watch this with my mates but we backed out as it was around 11pm and we're getting old LOL. Imma gonna try and catch this maybe next week if its still out :S

Comment

Saw it on Saturday which I am glad I did - had 3 days in cineworld before being relegated to an 11pm showing on the top floor!

Was immense. The build up was brilliantly paced and the last 45 minutes is kick ass. The Home Alone style the first wave of attackers were killed was surprising too!

I've liked every Samurai film I've seen but haven't really gotten into the genre in a big was as they all seem very similar.

Comment

I got a HD Rip of this the other night and it was fantastic! Like others have said in this thread, a really good build up in the first hour and ten, it really made you hate Lord Naritsugu and laid the foundations for the last 45 mins perfectly.

Bloody, Brutal and yet Beautiful.

Comment

I got asked by an equally cinema crazed colleague earlier what my film of the year was so far. this was the only film I could consider answering with. I LOVED watching this.

He also asked my worst. Red Riding Hood, most defo.

Comment

Saw this at an afternoon showing in HMV Curzon in Wimbledon on Wednesday. It has the distinction of being the first time there were no other paying customers in the screening.

Think I'll have to echo everybody's thoughts on it though, a great build up to the second half of the film. However, this holds a 15 rating. Anybody else agree that it's not really a 15 but an 18 rated film?

Comment

Working...
              X