No announcement yet.

Terminator 5: Genisys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MI-5The long-running British spy series “Spooks” got its own film in the UK back in May, a film dubbed “Spooks: The Greater Good” which saw “Game of Thrones” hunk Kit Harington join the cast. Now, Saban Films have announced a December release date for the film in the United States, and the film will go […]

Seems to have finally stopped earning now but until Bond, Ep7 etc come along it's actually managed to become the 10th highest grossing film of 2015

Comment

I watched it last night, some weird plot holes aside I think it's the best Terminator since T2. It certainly got rid of the bad taste that was T3 and that awful one with Christian Bale in.

A very nice homage to the orginals, managing to carry over the same emontial impact/relationship which Arnie had with the small kid in T2 but now with the female character. (Sorry I can't remember all the names and crazy plot details, but I did understand it. Just quite tired right now.

So yeah, rambling over. I thought it was great, nice homage, music included. Somehow Arnie being older and not being able to handle himself with the massive main fights (

near the end when they are in the bunker and he hides his hand not working well from his 'daugher', worked really well and certainly had a big emontial impact on me

Anyway yeah, sorry for the weird post. Again I'm tired.

DA

Comment

I thought it was pretty poor. Its a shame because the studio had a chance of making it something special - the return of a series icon, the time clever (ish) premise of hopping in between time lines and soft resetting.

What amounted on screen was nothing more than a generic, by the numbers watered down actioner conceived to appeal to generation nothing.

Terminator fans aren't 14 year olds who spend their lives on social media and taking selfies

Comment

Working...
        X