DCU: Justice League: Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCU: Justice League: Part One

Well, it's happening and sooner than expected. WB seems to be retracting it's earlier stance and following Marvels multi-film build up to the mash up. Interestingly they'll only be able to get Superman out the door before this comes out so it's more of a launch pad for films than a culmination like Avengers is turning out to be. Personally, Justice League has always seemed pretty dumb. Major league hero's nerfing their abilities to help out lesser abled C-List heroes just for the fan obsessee's but what the article above marks as probably the most notable element isn't the film itself but one character... Batman.

They pretty much confirm that the Batman franchise is going to be reinvented after Dark Knight Rises hits so this will prove to be the first look at the new direction and actor they go with. It also confirms films for The Flash and Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-04-2015, 17:13.

Snyder has stated that this is separate from the Superman, DKR and the Batman Reboot films meaning multiple versions of the characters at once

Comment

They should just go for th eC-list superheroes and make it a comedy, like when the Justice League was Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold and that lot. They were funny times.

Comment

A Wonder Woman film? the Tv show hasnt even started (and then canceled) yet.

Will this be totaly unrelated to any other film (or tv show) at all then?

Comment

100% unrelated unless it's a hit in which case they'll start doing spin-offs so general audiences won't know which canons are which. Much messier than Marvels plan though I'm glad Superman is being kept seperate from this nerfed hell version

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that, sounds like its gonna be a confusing mess for alot of people.

Comment

I remember the 90s comedy JLA, as a kid they were quite funny, not sure if they would hold up to me now.

I think I probably prefer the Justice Society, but no chance of that happening as a film.

Comment

Wouldn?t mind seeing something similar to the animated New Frontier film set in the 50?s.

That era seems to be in atm so I?m sure they?d get the go ahead.

Comment

The Kidd here So now that Warner Bros. is moving forward with trying to bring together a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie with Will Beall penning the script, you have to be curious as to how they're planning to attack the DC Comics superhero ensemble....

There's been several snippets over the last few days but nothing concrete. All that seems to be known for sure is that Warners looks to be gearing this up for the fast track after the success Avengers has had and it could be their next superhero related film after Man of Steel. There are conflicting reports as to how this will be pitched, the rumour here is that Warners will be aiming for a darker tone like Dark Knight and Man of Steel rather than the brighter tones of Avengers in order to keep a clear difference between the two properties. If that is so, it means that Man of Steel could be part of the same universe (Dark Knight won't be due to Nolan, Bale etc moving on).

Comment

If they dont want to do each individual members movies first and fast track a JLA movie then I hope Batman is made central to it as a reboot and as the audiences view into an expanded DC movie universe. I wonder if they'll keep RR and GL?

Comment

Comment

When Christopher Nolan says he’s done with Batman, he really is. The filmmaker was asked by The Associated Press over the weekend that, seeing as he is producing “Man of Steel”, would he be involved in any capacity on a “Justice League” movie – a project which would see the DC Comics heroes like Superman, […]

Christopher Nolan says that despite producing Man of Steel he won't have anything to do with this.

Comment

Guess this is a good thing. I can't see a Justice League working at all in the Nolan-verse.

Comment

Nordling here. As Ron Burgundy can attest, like milk on a hot summer day, this is a bad choice. Okay, it's not bad for JUSTICE LEAGUE, but it would be bad for Ben Affleck, who, frankly, is better than this as a director at this point....

Word is that Ben Affleck is being lined up to direct the film

Comment

I'm OK with that, Affleck is probably a better director than actor anyway. Plus he's a bit of a comic book fan already....

Comment

Working...
                              X