Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New forum is very swish looking. I feel under dressed!!

Looking forward to a nice mobile skin to allow better iPhone viewing.

Keep it up everyone!

Comment

Appreciate the work involved however as a user sorry to have to rain on the parade but the new look is hideous on my (non-PC) system, slower to navigate and load too. Just hope that the skinning option(s?) mentioned will sort some of that out. I'll wait until then before making any further comments.

I had the same problem on Gamefaqs when they last updated their forums but luckily they had a full set of old skins immediately available. I was able to revert to the previous skin and basically ignored the enforced changes. Any chance of a VB3 skin here?

Comment

very nice lookin, awesome work................now i can finally stop f5ing every other hour

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
          Appreciate the work involved however as a user sorry to have to rain on the parade but the new look is hideous on my (non-PC) system, slower to navigate and load too. Just hope that the skinning option(s?) mentioned will sort some of that out. I'll wait until then before making any further comments.

I had the same problem on Gamefaqs when they last updated their forums but luckily they had a full set of old skins immediately available. I was able to revert to the previous skin and basically ignored the enforced changes. Any chance of a VB3 skin here?
          Unfortunately the VB3 skins aren't compatible so it's reverted to the default Vb4 theme. The skin will be sorted in the coming weeks, so just bare with some of the awkwardness til then it's been a pretty epic job getting all of this stuff sorted with as little disruption as possible. You can rest assured we will be working hard to make the forum look nicer and add some cool new features.

Comment

Sounds like a complete 'mare!

Well done indeed, here's to many more years...

Comment

Well I must admit I quite like the look of this new place!

Top job all round by those involved!

Comment

Well done getting the site transfered and up again. Looks alright to me but this is just temporary anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Current style is totally default! I just changed the logo and that's it! We will work on a new style.
                  Ah tis what I thought.

That's groovy looking forward to the future skins

Again well done all involved sounds like it's been a pain but I for one can appreciate all the work you've put into it.

Here's to another 10 years

Neil

Comment

Though I've just realised that we have post counts being displayed which I'm not too keen on.

Makes me look a right newb (which I kinda am, so I shouldn't really be grumbling really!).

Comment

At long last, the update is live! Well done Charles

Comment

ditto for the good work on the upgrade - excellent news that a mobile fomatted thang is on the way

Comment

Being without the forum was a stark reminder of just how much time I spend on here

Comment

Great effort all round guys

It's good to be back.

Comment

Yeah, you realise what a big hole something leaves when it is gone, good job! (at making us realise how dependent we all are : p ) By the way with the new forum is it possible to request a username change?

Comment

A big well done to all the guys who worked hard getting the upgrade done its looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X