User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If 50hz is still relevant at all. lol

Also, PAL60 is too wide to display correctly on my XRGB-2+, because I'm mad and do stuff like play PS3 games with scanlines sometimes.

Nice idea. Especially now with 3DS region locking (grrr). I must admit, with the very odd exception, I've pretty much lost touch with import gaming outside the odd PSP or DS game.

I know that I only ever really imported in recent years to get DS stuff early from the states because Ninty are pretty much the only publisher who don't do near simultaneous EU releases now.

The market shifted to be more global, and while there's still plenty of Japan only titles around, there haven't been any that have made me want to import the hardware to play them.

What goes around though. If the shift back to region locking is endemic in the next round of hardware then importing consoles is back on the agenda for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Flabio View Post

The market shifted to be more global, and while there's still plenty of Japan only titles around, there haven't been any that have made me want to import the hardware to play them.
    And I think that's why this forum exists now. So that titles you might miss otherwise don't get drowned out by the torrent of quality games being released in the West.

60Hz is 17% faster. Just listen to the SMW intro at 50Hz
    I thought something was wrong when I first heard it after so many years on 60Hz.

Are we supposed to use this forum for first plays of imported titles too? I see kryss' MH3 Portable thread has been moved here.

Until it gets a Euro release, then yes. After which, we'll move it move it. I like to move it move it.

Just noticed my JP PS2 boots all pal PS1 games at 60 hz.

Dodgy chip? lol

My debug does the same due to it being an NTSC unit. Rather that than all 60hz games running at 50hz like on a PAL unit though. Yeck. Only applies to PS1 games though.

There's a force 60hz option on the matrix infinity.