Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
    That's super cool Importaku.
    Thanks, still shocked there was even one sat on eBay I have no idea how long it’s been on there. Hoping it travels to the uk safely without damage. Now buying some 100 yen coins so I can use it properly.

Comment

You love to see it. It's like when everyone was grabbing pachislo machines on here, but with an even narrower scope of interest!

Couple of things arrived for me: Taito Milestones 2, and the 'Challenge Version' GunStream cart.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        You love to see it. It's like when everyone was grabbing pachislo machines on here, but with an even narrower scope of interest!

Couple of things arrived for me: Taito Milestones 2, and the 'Challenge Version' GunStream cart.
        GunStream is top of my list for most anticipated releases this year. Please post some impressions when you can.

Comment

No video games on my current batch of imports.

Rockman manga was a impulse buy as it was 180 yen, it's neat to have in my collection.

Mutant Turtles was something that I had to search for a while, it's complete and has the stickers and obi, not in the best of shape but good enough for me. This adapts the first few episodes of the first animated TMNT series into manga. I really love that I was able to get this.

Star Trek DS9 Season 6 DVD box set. This I bought because I want to listen to more japanese and hopefully learn by doing so, and since I pretty much know each episode by heart, it might help me with my japanese studies... I already watched one episode and my japanese is nowhere near good enough to understand everything, but hopefully someday I will.

Dipped my toes into doujinshi collecting, and it's cool to have these in my collection but I probably won't be buying that much more of them, as there are so much of the official comics to collect. To my surprise High3! was bilingual english/japanese, so understanding the dialogue won't be so difficult on that.

Comment

2 games from premium edition arrived today, Raji & Phoenotopia these took a while as they were preordered near beginning of year but finally here at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
              No video games on my current batch of imports.

Rockman manga was a impulse buy as it was 180 yen, it's neat to have in my collection.

Mutant Turtles was something that I had to search for a while, it's complete and has the stickers and obi, not in the best of shape but good enough for me. This adapts the first few episodes of the first animated TMNT series into manga. I really love that I was able to get this.

Star Trek DS9 Season 6 DVD box set. This I bought because I want to listen to more japanese and hopefully learn by doing so, and since I pretty much know each episode by heart, it might help me with my japanese studies... I already watched one episode and my japanese is nowhere near good enough to understand everything, but hopefully someday I will.

Dipped my toes into doujinshi collecting, and it's cool to have these in my collection but I probably won't be buying that much more of them, as there are so much of the official comics to collect. To my surprise High3! was bilingual english/japanese, so understanding the dialogue won't be so difficult on that.
              Do you know how to add Japanese as an option on Netflix? Worth doing in my opinion, then you can watch stuff like Stranger Things in Japanese.
              D+ also has most of their mainline stuff dubbed too with no faffing around to find the languages.
              Edit: DS9 has Japanese subs and dubs here in Canada at least.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Do you know how to add Japanese as an option on Netflix?
                I think I still remember how to do that, I have not had Netflix in a long time. Also, I can't get Netflix to my CRT... Well that is a lie, I can get it but the picture quality is a really poor because of my DAC being so cheap. It's better to watch DVD's through RGB SCART on a CRT, the picture quality is great that way.

Comment

One of the weirder things i have imported, not the easiest thing to get hold of either as most people will not send these through international post. But found a seller on ebay in scotland of all places selling various Japanese currency he had 50 100 yen coins for sale i don't need so many but there were no smaller bundles. However i now have enough for any of my japanese vending machine stuff & my bank quest RPG money box if i want. Plus i can always spend them if i get to japan

Plenty ready for that capsule station machine.

Comment

A few videogames arrived, I had ordered 2 more games that Surugaya cancelled without telling about it, so I ended up paying import tax for the 2 games that I never got.

Guild01 I have been meaning to get for years, I think I bought all of these games digitally to my EU 3DS years ago, but physical collector gotta physical.

Chousoku Henkei Gyrosetter was a impulse buy, quick play first impressions are that it may not be the best game ever but it could have been a lot worse

Chao Illust Club I bought because the cover is cute. It's a game where you draw... Maybe the "it's a game" part is a bit of a exaggeration though, from what I can tell, it's just drawing.

Deer Drive Legends is a North American exclusive, and I bought it loose because it was cheap and I wanted to get to under 10 North American releases that were not released in European region. So now I'm missing only 9 North American releases.

Comment

Giant box turned up today from japan. Was my capsule station finally arriving i breathed a sigh of relief when i saw it hadn't gotten damaged while been shipped. It's pretty dirty inside & out but i have given it a quick clean of a lot of dirt thats been building up wherever it was last sat in Japan. Also changed the coin mechanism setting from 400 yen a capsule back to 100 yen there's a little slider on the mechanism. The seller kindly gave me a whole bag of empty capsules and a copy of the manual too even a couple of gashapon were already inside the machine.

The dirt of a thousand hands, unscrewed the topper to get at the dirt.

Used some novus to remove some of the scratches from the front but needs more work over time to properly get it looking great. Cleaned up nicely, there's enough room inside under the lid to install some led lights and route the cable out the back under the machine so i can light the thing up gonna have a go at some point to see if i can get the cable in without it getting in the way of anything.

The manual

Also made a custom keyring for the keys as a nice extra touch found a seller on ebay offering to do custom ones

Now the problem is i have to try and find someone who will print out a couple of display cards to go inside the front window. I don't have a printer of my own i tried uploading it to a couple of images online printing sites but they contacted me back saying they can't/wont print it and cancelled my order as the images are copyright which sucks. Anyone with a printer want to help me out??

[An edit]
                      Decided this evening to have a go at putting some usb powered string lights inside to turn it into another gatcha lamp. Fortunately how the machine is built you can unscrew the topper lid and there's just enough gap to get the metal part of the wire through then screw the lid back on without nothing getting damaged so it's easily removed if the lights crap out on me.

Some cheapy lights i got of amazon ages ago repurposed for the project

The essential component nano strong tape weird super sticky flexible rubber tape, has a stupidly strong grip.

And janky installation complete lol

The result is really nice as you can see whats in the machine now, just need a display card & it's complete. Pretty hard to get a proper representation as the phone camera keeps getting blinded. The machine holds about 90% of my gashapon collection still a box full of stuff that wouldnt fit due to volume of capsules already in there, part of me wants another now, i need an intervention.

And in total darkness, tadaa
                      Last edited by importaku; 16-09-2023, 20:32.

Comment

The light look great on the gachapon machine. If you need to print something, I have a idea that might not work. Here in Finland one can print full colour prints in the library (for a small fee), so you could ask from your local library near you if they happen to have a similar service available.

I got a few more imports:

Acrylic Palette: Irodori Cafe Cheers I got because it was cheap. Does not seem like a game that I would want to play even if I understood japanese perfectly.

Fab Style I have been thinking of buying for a long time. Similar to Girls Mode/Style Savvy/Style Boutique series, which is a series that I like. Really happy to have it in my collection.

Gaist Crusher was a cheap. The gameplay seems okay. The audio design is awful, the sound effects are super tinny and hurts my ears. Will be playing this without sound on.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is yet another game I have been wanting to get for a long time. This too has some really tinny sound effects, but they are not as bad as on Gaist Crusher.

That brings me to 57 Japanese 3DS games that were not released in European region.

Comic Bonbon from 1994 and CoroCoro Ichiban from 2014. Both I got because they had japan exclusive Turtles manga in them. Comic Bonbon was in a way worse shape than I expected, but it's not exactly a easy to find comic and I got it for a okay price. CoroCoro Ichiban on the other hand was very cheap and in great shape.

Spider-verse has Japan exclusive connecting cover between 3 books, I already had one of them and now I got a second one for a good price.

Rockman Chan I bought because I found the cover art silly. It is a webcomic.

The other Rockman book I got because I already had the first one so I wanted to get the manga based on the second game too.

I ordered Xcom 2 Collection for Switch from amazon usa... North American Switch game cases sure have changed, haven't they? XD Pretty sure someone at Amazon warehouse took the game and put the sticker to that bad gal. I got my money back thankfully.

Comment

Another small parcel turned up today with some hobby stuff & a few other bits.

Before i risked buying it i tried the demo of samba de amigo on the eshop actually played it a few hours it's pretty good, the controls are actually ok so i took the risk on the full release. Also got a little coin case for all my 100yen coins as japan has a bunch of useful stuff like that. Holds exactly 50, also some more weird gatcha as they make me smile little sausage animals & some sentient condiments.

A certain someone is happy about the newest game arrival

The coin case cost me nothing at all thanks to amazon japan giving you points, used my point balance to take off the few hundred yen it cost.

Sausages

Also picked up more rement miniature stuff as i love these sets.
                          Last edited by importaku; 22-09-2023, 17:28.

Comment

What do these sentient condiments do with their ability to feel things, [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]?

(This may be a stupid question! )

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                              What do these sentient condiments do with their ability to feel things, [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]?

(This may be a stupid question! )
                              Well considering their lids haven’t been opened yet I’m guessing they do everything they can to avoid been eaten lol.

Comment

Finally found a company that seems to be ok printing out display cards so i found a nice image online of one of my favourite sets and got it printed out the quality is really nice and with it been photo paper it is stiff enough to work just like a display card so now it'a all finished & finally complete no longer looks naked. Would love to get a few more printed out but finding high quality images of the display cards is extremely tough hardly any are online.

And the final shot as i imagine people are sick of seeing it by now

Comment

Working...
                                X