No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll let you know how I get on with them. I loved them during the PS2 days and figured the Vita is kinda around PS2 power, helps they were also just a few hundred yen each.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      Good gets! I've been thinking about picking up some portable versions of the Samurai Warriors games. The modern ones look too nice. I love the look of SW2 on 360 which is a PS2 game running at a higher res and FPS on the 360. I want more like that so I've been wondering if the Vita games would get me the same feel.
      I've tried Samurai Warriors 4 today. It's good, feels like an early PS3 game, maybe a late PS2 game with early PS3 visuals. It's amazing how much power they managed to get into the Vita.

Comment

Well, that's selling it to me.

Comment

Been a good while since I imported anything, and then I decided to make a controlled tumble and fall head first into import games.

Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode - Yokubari Sengen! I have been meaning to get for a good while, I already had Tokimeki Up! version of it.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters I found for a decent price. I already had the demo game card of it.

Nintendo Présente: La Nouvelle Maison Du Style I had to get because of the french game name.

Nintendo Präsentiert: New Style Boutique I got because it was cheap and I was tumbling pretty far into the rabbit hole already. Do these withing region imports count as imports?

Face Racers: Photo Finish was dirt cheap, not a great kart racing game but it actually is really neat gimmick to take a picture of yourself that is used on the game, and not just as the face of the player character, some of the powerups use the picture as well as there are posters on the tracks that have the player's face.

My Pet Puppy 3D was another dirt cheap game. I certainly am not into these Nintendogs type games, and unfortunately there are a lot of them for 3DS.

Kaite Oboeru: DoraGana I have been looking for a long time. I remember Importaku telling me about the DS-version, but then I noticed that there is a 3DS version and I was already in a huge 3DS kick so I decided to wait for the price to come down on the 3DS version. I got this for 2480 yen plus shipping.

Dolly Kanon Dokidoki Tokimeki Himitsu no Ongaku Katsudou Start Desu!! I added to the DoraGana order as a impulse buy since it was cheap, this was 500 yen brand new.

But anyway, here's a little family portrait of this one game.

This game actually has a multiplayer Fashion Show mode, I'll have to try it out with my friends. The multiplayer mode is not why I bought multiple copies, I just wanted to start building this set, multiplayer mode is just something I realised after I had made the orders. I don't know if I'll ever complete this set because Korean release is really expensive (there might be other expensive ones too), but at least I started it and they do look great together. Also, it's a awesome game.

Comment

New Style Boutique rules. I played some multiplayer fashion shows with a friend at work after convincing him that it rules.

Comment

Wanted a pair of these for aaaaaages i had ummed and ahh'd for far too long and the previous design ended up going out of print and scalpers upping the price by 20,000+ yen so i went for a pair of the newer models.

1/2 sized Bandai capsule stations, they use the smallest 100 yen sized capsules so it does limit what you can store in them but i have a few gashapon from my collection that i plan on putting in one of them. For the other i have a pile of waterproof remote control led lights that i'm planning on putting in them so i can turn the top one into a fancy lamp. Each one only comes with 12 red capsules but as i have collected a lot of gashapon stuff over the years from youkai watch medal stuff i have amassed a huge bag of capsules as i couldn't bear to throw them out.

Thankfully they fit just fine, each machine comes with a generic display card but i plan on printing out something better at some point.

They fit perfectly where i was planning on putting them, they sit on top of my pc at the back of my setup. Need to put stuff in & fully sort them out but they look pretty neat back there. The come with 6 fake plastic coins but i found out a uk 1P will work so that's what i;ll be using.

Comment

Oh my god. Those are incredible.

Comment

Yeah thay are pretty nice, they are small enough where it's not a huge space hog but big enough that they still retain their function although with the 100yen size capsules most gashapon won't fit as most are 300-500yen value so a lot bigger.

These are the lights i put in them, they are remote operated so they are perfect for my use, i usually use them in the bath but now they have 2 uses as bedroom mood lighting as well, can individually change to a single colour so a lot of options.

For gashapon i have settled on these they are all erasers and small enough to fit in the capsules

Once you fill them they start to look pretty nice

Even better once you turn the lights on too

Tadaa functional geek mood lighting, the only downside is they don't last a long time on one set of batteries so will have to swap them out but the batteries are pretty cheap got 100 off amazon for a tenner so i'm all set for a few months at least hehe. When the batteries turn up i'll put my second light set in the bottom one too.

Wonder if anyone else out there has turned a gashapon into a lamp before? hmmmmm

Comment

Oh my god [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] those are utterly amazing
                    You honestly pick up all the best stuff & I love seeing what you get

Neil

Comment

Amazing stuff from importaku as usual. Really cool man.

Also, I like the New Style Boutique collection from Travesty. My partner loves those games. Her 3DS is actually the special edition New Style Boutique 2 one with unique faceplates:

I actually just bought her New Style Boutique 3 the other day as she hasn't played that one yet. You can score new sealed copies easily on Ebay for £20.

Comment

Importaku: That's really cool. The erasers look great inside the lit gashapon machine.

wakka: I almost bought that system back when it came out, now I kinda wish that I had bought it.

Comment

I didn’t even know this had shipped.

Comment

My latest Japanese and North American exclusives that I added to my collection:

My Japanese is nowhere near good enough to be able to play Onna no koto, but wanted to add it to my collection. I did check out the game a bit and it seems to have really really really low framerate, absolutely under 20 frames per second, maybe as low as 10-12 frames per second.

The Hidden is probably the worst Augmented Reality game that I have played. It's very similar to Virus Shooter XX (Japan exclusive 3DS game) and System: Flaw (DSi) where you just turn around and shoot at enemies, but when the DSi game seems to use the camera better than this 3DS game, that's when something is really wrong. I will be putting more time to this at some point, but it's still not a good game.

Last and most definitely the least... Classic Games Overload. I really was expecting a lot more from this than what I got. Because this very well could have been somewhat good... It's not. The animations on this game are somethimes passable, other times bad, and a lot of the animation is really slow. There seems to be quite a lot of input latency... On the touch screen... I have no words...

Comment

I tried to play Onna back in the day, I don't recall the framerate but the game is very slow paced and the obvious focal point are the girls, so it trades framerate for graphical fidelity.

Comment

Some imports today, Egret mini cough up a kidney superset finally arrived, along with cotton rock n roll & kyoufu shinbun.

Comment

Working...
                                X