Clones, Fakes and Budget Consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones, Fakes and Budget Consoles

Please share any pics you have of similar things.

I think this is probably my favourite. Pretty plain looking PSOne clone but the look on the kids face on the box is just brilliant. Im pretty sure this thing plays famicom games rather than playstation games.

Oh look its the Super Megason again, but this time its a SNES clone inside.

God only knows what this plays but I bet it isn't DS games.

Not only does it look like an XBOX but it also has THE definitive incarnation of batman on the box. I love the logic of the people who infringed all sorts of copyright laws in making and selling this console but decided that calling it batman would be one step too far.

At $599 for a real one I don't blame whoever bought this.

10 times as good as a 360

Kind of ironic being that the playstation started out as a nintendo development.

Yer the name might fool the partially blind into thinking its an XBOX but being shaped like a dreamcast isn't helping.

Infringing two completely unrelated sets of copyrights in one go, good job.

I'm assuming this is just a famicom with PS3 painted on it. I would love one tbh.

looks more like one of those old infra red receivers for headphones than a console.

Hey You, Pikachu?

What a bargain!

Makes you wonder why the NES didn't have a wireless RF modulator.

More than one button is overkill anyway really.

And finally possibly the greatest name for a console you will ever see.
    Last edited by unitone; 13-12-2010, 00:09.

Comment

that dreamcast knockoff looks cool....wonder what it actually plays??

Comment

Ha ha, the picture of the kid on the first two is quality. They obviously prey on the stupid/parents with these.

Comment

That Battman thing is brilliant

Comment

Some of those are brilliant!

Comment

I knew there was some tat in China but I had no idea there was that much and some was that bad!

Comment

Overlord leaves his wife? What kind of craziness is that? And why do I want it?

Comment

These are hilarious!

"Next System Playstation Meeting"

"Super Megason" (Is that the said Mega-Son flying on the box?)

"Overlord Leaves His Wife"

Does "Battman" come with a gun so you can shoot yourself in the head after you realise that you have bought a fake, piece of crap Xbox and cannot live with the shame of your stupidity?
                  Last edited by Guts; 13-12-2010, 09:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                    That Battman thing is brilliant

Thanks for the vid the guy even has a review of the PCP station

Comment

A quick google says the xdcx is just a custom made skin for a dc, does indeed look pretty cool though.
                      Last edited by Colin; 13-12-2010, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        A quick google says the xdcx is just a custom made skin for a dc, does indeed look.pretty cool though.
                        i wow cant imagine why anyone would want a beautiful dreamcast to look like an ugly old xbox though.

They have a gamecube and a ps2 case mod also

it even has the handle at the back how cute.

its called the DC2 but we all know the dreamcast 2 really looks like this

Comment

EDIT: I should read the whle thread before posting

Originally posted by unitone View Post

Yer the name might fool the partially blind into thinking its an XBOX but being shaped like a dreamcast isn't helping.
                          That isn't a clone but a real Dreamcast made for Sega under contract. There's also a Game Cube one that uses the Dreamcast Karaoke system to make it look more square and a PS2 one as well. YOu can't buy the systems. I beleive they were made for a contest in a Jpanaese gaming mag.

Also pretty much all the other clones are NES clones. Battman, PolyStation, the Xbox looking thing and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Also pretty much all the other clones are NES clones. Battman, PolyStation, the Xbox looking thing and so on.
                            The PX-3600 could be a Master System or even Megadrive clone, the Portoguese (I think) on the box could indicate Brazilian origins.

Comment

Ha ha ha, quality thread

There's quite a few here to wade through:

And Famiclones specifically:

Comment

Working...
                              X