X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong thread?

Comment

My new EP is available on iTunes (and Amazon, Google, Spotify etc).

A big thanks must go to our very own EvilBoris and Chopemon for their artwork talents.

Everyone here must buy it

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
        Hello folks

I have a new book out. It's called ANOTHER WORLD.
        50 pages in and I love it so far

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
          Hello folks

I have a new book out. It's called ANOTHER WORLD.

It's ace! It's apocalyptic! It's DRM-free! (And it's quite cheap). You can buy it for Kindle (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Another-Worl.../dp/B008EV16CS) or from the Smashwords website (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/169333). Smashwords has it in epub, mobi, pdf and pdb formats, amongst others. Nook, Kobo, Sony Reader, and iBooks versions are coming soon!

It's science fiction, and rather spiffy. More details (including reviews for my other books) on my website: http://theburrow.zzap64.co.uk/novels/ebooks.html

Thank you for your attention.
          Just found this epub reader for the DS, so bought your book. Will let you know how it goes

Comment

Started reading Another World, gordon. All good so far. Occassionally too descriptive for my liking, but otherwise really well written and intriguing plot. Especially liked the dog that talks

Comment

Yes, genuine lols with the dog, especially when he said

do you mind if I smoke?

Comment

Balls. Ignore me.
                Last edited by k0pp0; 03-01-2013, 12:57.

Comment

Are you pimping your own balls?

(grow up charles)

edit: just realised.... BDQuote will be all over that.
                  Last edited by charlesr; 03-01-2013, 14:33.

Comment

Hello folks

Another year passes! And there's a new book from me, called The Journeyman. It's the sequel to The Apprentice, published by Transworld in 1999, and features a zombie as the main protagonist. It's already had two five-star reviews on Goodreads.

You can download a sample, or buy it cheap in its entire DRM-free loveliness, at these places:

Smashwords
                    Kindle
                    Sony Reader
                    iBooks
                    Kobo
                    Nook

Thank you for attention.
                    G.

Comment

I just finished Max which was great. Do you actually believe that's the way we will all end up? It was so heartfelt.

Comment

I think some of it is already happening... There's increasing drone use in the US for surveillance, for example, and there's a trend towards over-medication of mental illness and dry statistical assessment of mental health. Democratic protest is constantly being curbed or rendered ineffective by kettling and needing police permission for where, when and how to demonstrate. Education seems designed to turn children into work units ('batteries for corporations', as one of my friends once said). Mass-produced food is often a joke... Given the rapacious instincts of neoliberal capitalism right now, I can easily see us being where 'Max' is by the end of this century.

But I hope not. There's always a tipping point in societies where enough people feel sufficiently downtrodden to do something about it. I don't think we're there yet, because most of us are relatively comfortable and don't need to worry about what's happening; but if things carry on as they are, who knows? I still have some faith in politics, too.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it. 'Another World' is a vague sequel to it, and I'm writing the third book in that particular series right now - they're all united by a thread of anarchism and rebellion... And I'll cheekily add that if you get a chance to review Max anywhere (Goodreads, Kindle, Smashwords), that'd be grand.

[edit] - I've just been notified by Smashwords about your review! Many thanks.

Cheers
                        g.
                        Last edited by gordon; 22-04-2013, 10:25.

Comment

I think it is far more advanced down that road in the USA. On the side of this morning's cereal: "real wheat and sugar in every bite!" as if having sugar overload is good for you. The amount of large people here is shocking too. And on the AA plane from LA to Hawaii, there were about 4 hours of adverts on the TV screen and an hour of actual entertainment. I was sickened.

Comment

Yeah, I can never make up my mind whether we'll eventually follow everything America does, or merely put our own British half-hearted stamp on it...

Sugar in every bite is hilarious! it's like promoting the health benefits of cigarettes.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              I think it is far more advanced down that road in the USA. On the side of this morning's cereal: "real wheat and sugar in every bite!"
                              They put 'real sugar' due to the extremely worrying attempts to re-label chemical alternatives as sugar or the use of GM sugar beets. Lobbyist's of these big pharma's keep trying to get congress to re-label Aspartame, Saccharine etc as Sugar, so consumers will be unable to discern between artificial sweetener and sugar.

Gordon you sound like a man after my own heart. I must read one of your books.

There was such a war against the public mindset when cigarettes came out.
                              Last edited by 'Press Start'; 22-04-2013, 19:17.

Comment

That's a great video. A doctor smoking a Camel seems almost obscene now...

Max would be a good place to start, if you're into speculative fiction: three 5-star reviews and one 4-star so far: http://theburrow.zzap64.co.uk/novels/ebook%20max.html ...and that's enough pimpage from me for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X