X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lodestone site is up.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
      Let's hope it's more secure then the XI community site On that note, remind me never to go to FFXIVAtlas.

Comment

Im on hold for click and buy. Ive logged into the click and buy website with the details i created over at SEs site. I have verifed my email address but have not confirmed my credit card.

What it says...

1. Your credit card will be charged two random amounts between 1.00 and 1.99 GBP.
        2. Call your bank or check your credit card statement for these amounts (may take up to 3 business days).
        3. Enter these amounts on the credit card confirmation page (on the Settings tab in your ClickandBuy account) within 60 days to finish confirmation.
        4. The two amounts are credited to your ClickandBuy account.

So hopfully ill get through soon, any questions anyone?

Comment

I know back in the beta people were seeing weather changes (lightning, rain, etc.) that I could not see.

Any idea as to how to turn this on? I've looked in the config section, and there is no weather option so I'm worried why back then everyone else could see the cool weather effects and I could not.

Comment

Okie! Just got off the phone. I called the number you get in the text from click and buy.

So if you head over to

You can login with your email address and the stupid password it made you setup on the SE page.

When you look at this its clear that its just like "paypal".

Its a english person on the end of the phone when you call them and there are no charges for click and buy. Unless you wanted to add credit to you account. After our free 30 days of 14 within the Click and Buy Page there is a subscriptions section which we will see Final Fantasy 14. Just like you can do in paypal.

If you have been charged £1 -£2.50 to setup your Click and Buy account this is a "empty" payment and is refunded to the card. He said some banks are slower than others but normally takes no more then a couple of days. (normally same day)

There are no charges for click and buy what so ever. And we will pay the 8.99 subscription as expected although it will be charged from Click and Buy not SE. They pay SE and charge us the same day.

One thing he did mention though was to cancel 14 you have to cancel it in there system under subscriptions. Also then you would have to "email them" to cancel your click and buy account. As its done like this and they pay square enix 1st if you you default your payment to click and buy you could get a nasty letter though the door. As your 14 account is always going to be paid for by them.

All in all its not a bad way of doing it, just that the sign up is crazy and you have no idea what your really signing up for. As normal SE not being clear.
            Last edited by djtickle; 21-09-2010, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
              I know back in the beta people were seeing weather changes (lightning, rain, etc.) that I could not see.

Any idea as to how to turn this on? I've looked in the config section, and there is no weather option so I'm worried why back then everyone else could see the cool weather effects and I could not.
              If its any help I didn't see any option to turn it off (and I looked closely at all performance related options...).

Comment

I've got 2 good questions -

1. Why is Squeenix being gay about this?

2. Why are the 2 random charges not refunded to your card? What if people don't intend to play beyond the free month?

edit: seems my second question was answered.

Comment

Hmm... it states that if you sign up to 90 days it will cost £18.87 plus £2.10 per character a month. That works out to £8.39 a month (or £25.17 every 90 days).

However, when you go to select that option it still shows up as £8.99.

Edit: Hmm... or maybe that is the first month it clears off and from then on every 90 days is the £25.17?

EDIT: Never mind, after you go through the payment option it shows up correctly.

Hmm... hopefully I'll have no problems with weather in the game now. It won't have anything to do with my graphics card or anything just not displaying it will it?
                  Last edited by elaniel; 21-09-2010, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                    Okie! Just got off the phone. I called the number you get in the text from click and buy.

So if you head over to

You can login with your email address and the stupid password it made you setup on the SE page.

When you look at this its clear that its just like "paypal".

Its a english person on the end of the phone when you call them and there are no charges for click and buy. Unless you wanted to add credit to you account. After our free 30 days of 14 within the Click and Buy Page there is a subscriptions section which we will see Final Fantasy 14. Just like you can do in paypal.

If you have been charged £1 -£2.50 to setup your Click and Buy account this is a "empty" payment and is refunded to the card. He said some banks are slower than others but normally takes no more then a couple of days. (normally same day)

There are no charges for click and buy what so ever. And we will pay the 8.99 subscription as expected although it will be charged from Click and Buy not SE. They pay SE and charge us the same day.

One thing he did mention though was to cancel 14 you have to cancel it in there system under subscriptions. Also then you would have to "email them" to cancel your click and buy account. As its done like this and they pay square enix 1st if you you default your payment to click and buy you could get a nasty letter though the door. As your 14 account is always going to be paid for by them.

All in all its not a bad way of doing it, just that the sign up is crazy and you have no idea what your really signing up for. As normal SE not being clear.

WHAT?! It sounds like a completely retarded, needlessly complicated way of doing it.

If I want to cancel my account I have to cancel with 2 companies. The whole thing feels like placing artificual barriers every step of the way. Seriosuly, I read through your post with a complete look of bafflement at every stage.

Comment

Maybe you should give them a ring. I would have prefered it they would have give us the option to use "subscriptions" on paypal they are using this company. Using click and buy is now what we used to manage in PoL for payments.

elaniel were did u do all the payment stuff? When i try and login to the loadstone it says its down for maint.

Comment

Hmm... hopefully I'll have no problems with weather in the game now. It won't have anything to do with my graphics card or anything just not displaying it will it?
                        It could be the graphics card but as long as you have a recentish NVidia or ATI with the latest drivers it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                          Maybe you should give them a ring. I would have prefered it they would have give us the option to use "subscriptions" on paypal they are using this company. Using click and buy is now what we used to manage in PoL for payments.

elaniel were did u do all the payment stuff? When i try and login to the loadstone it says its down for maint.
                          Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account and login. Then go to Select Service and click on Final Fantasy XIV (the logo one). It should then ask you to add a service and ask if you want to tie it in with your beta account (to carry your character over I assume) once you input your game key. Then choose the option (30, 90, 180 days) that you want. Don't forget to choose 1 character too, or else you pay just for the service!

Then when that is all complete, do the same thing to input your bonus codes. They will tie automatically to that Service.

Comment

Cheers done it. Looks like im all set now for when the servers come up.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
                              It could be the graphics card but as long as you have a recentish NVidia or ATI with the latest drivers it should be fine.
                              I have ATI Catalyst 10.9 IIRC. That's the only update that ever seems to show up is the Catalyst installation.

Comment

I have ATI Catalyst 10.9 IIRC. That's the only update that ever seems to show up is the Catalyst installation.
                                Yeah, thats the latest version. Hopefully will all be good when you get on with the retail ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X