DJ Hero 2 party pack ?40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
    That is technically illegal - as they've sold you a product (at the point of taking your money) giving you the money back and cancelling the order is a bad.
    Yep, aware it's illegal. That's what they did though. Hence my comment about law not coming into it much with Tesco

Comment

isn't this all based on the area of 'invitation to treat' law.

people always think a price label in a shop means they have to sell it to you for that price but they don't as legally it constitutes an offer of sale but not an actual contract.

I'm not certain but would think a website listing is very similar, you've had confirmation of order receipt but that doesn't make it a contract.

Comment

Tesco's practice with L4FD2 was incredibly shoddy and full of lies, but they still didn't break the law with what they did. They took the money, but then refunded it. That's not breaking any consumer rights since no one ended up out of pocket (if anything people gained because of the vouchers).

What would've been breaking the law was if they'd sent the games out and and then gone "whoops we priced that wrong and now you need to pay us more to cover it".

Comment

From what I remember there's a mandatory check box that basically says "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions". And if you read the T&C document it basically says if they make a mistake they can change or revoke the offer until the point where it's dispatched.

Comment

Originally posted by merf
            isn't this all based on the area of 'invitation to treat' law.

people always think a price label in a shop means they have to sell it to you for that price but they don't as legally it constitutes an offer of sale but not an actual contract.

I'm not certain but would think a website listing is very similar, you've had confirmation of order receipt but that doesn't make it a contract.
            It is and if they email us all changing the item or cancelling the sale, we haven't got a leg to stand on. But if they take our money and ship the basic game on its own, they've gone further than the invitation to treat and have concluded the contract.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            From what I remember there's a mandatory check box that basically says "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions". And if you read the T&C document it basically says if they make a mistake they can change or revoke the offer until the point where it's dispatched.
            Exactly. So if they dispatch the 'wrong' item without informing us by email, maybe they are bang to rights?

Comment

I might just cancel, I really can't be bothered arguing with Tesco if they send the wrong thing....

Comment

Just a word of warning. The actual title of the item now (not the page) is just DJ Hero 2 Software.

Comment

Ignore me

Comment

Dear Adrian,

We thought you'd like to know that the following item has been despatched and should be with you in a few days.

Item Format Price Status

DJ Hero 2 Party Pack (Double Deck) GAME £39.70 Despatched

Kind regards,
                    The Tesco entertainment Team
                    Erm...

Comment

Just got the dispatch email as well.

I was going to cancel it but it disappeared from my order list and still isn't showing.

EDIT: Forget that, I'm a dummy. I didn't select orders older than two weeks. DOH
                      Last edited by DaRockwilder1; 22-10-2010, 17:07.

Comment

Swear to god this will be ALL sorts of awesome if it really is the ?100+ pack, should include..

Two Turntables and a Microphone.
                        DJ Hero 1 & DJ Hero2

I am waiting, bet when it arrives its just the game.

Comment

Mines been despatched too, was gonna ring them and ask why it wasn't here on release day but if it turns up at this price I'll let them off.

Hopefully it isn't just the game that arrives or they charge full price, either of those happen and its going back.

I guess if we get it for this price there will be a few turntables on here for sale

Comment

Oh wow, didn't realise it came with the first game too - awesome! As far as I am concerned they have missed the boat in terms of changing the price or the description. Their T&Cs say they have until dispatch to correct things, but given they have now told me that they have dispatched the party pack at that price they better damn well be giving me it!

Comment

I'm in the same position as some of you guys. I forgot to cancel but have had a dispatch email saying they've sent me the party pack... Amazing if it turns up for that price that's for sure!

Comment

Pissed I missed this!
                                Hope you guys get it though

Comment

Working...
                                X