Tokyo Jungle [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokyo Jungle [PS3]

Announced in the new Famitsu and there are scans available and it looks freaking crazy! It'll be shown properly at TGS in a couple of weeks, there's not a lot of info at the moment by it's been described as Afrika vs Fallout 3 by one site.

The only details that seem to be available at the moment are that it's set in future Tokyo but humanity has abandoned the planet. You get to play as up to 80 different animals including hippos, tigers, giraffes, elephants, crocodiles, foxes, beagles, cheetahs, apes, ostriches, rabbits, chickens & chickens.

Famitsu seem to be comparing it to Monster Hunter. There's two modes, Story & Survival. In Story mode you work through missions based on the different animals and end up discovering why the planet was abandoned. In Survival you play one of the available animals and just have to survive as long as possible. The game includes PSN support (Multiplayer?) and will be released this winter.

It's a little difficult to know what the hell is going on looking at the scans to be honest but what I've seen already has me interested but it does look like it could go horribly wrong.

Did I mention it looks freaking crazy?

Yeah I've seen the scans, looks OK. Would be great if the multiplayer placed you in the world with 79 other different animals, all generated randomly, to see who comes out on top.

Comment

Now that is an awesome idea!

Comment

still dont really know exactly what it is, but i want it.

Last edited by Fuddle; 05-09-2010, 14:25.

Comment

The screenshots all look like a collage of images pasted randomly together. It looks terrible!

Comment

Saw this and INSTANTLY wanted this.

Oh and it's from PlayStation C.A.M.P. ("Creator Audition Mashup Project) which was a development initiative that gave us such fine titles as Echochrome, Patchwork Heroes and the Badman series
            Last edited by Family Fry; 05-09-2010, 20:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              Echochrome
              Ok. More interested now. Still looks stupid though.

Comment

Stupid import games are the best. I'd rather play this than a brown FPS.

Looks dope, can't wait to play survival mode as a chicken :\/

Comment

Will be released on disc or just on PSN ?

From the first artwork i thought it was a sort of TPS, but from the latest screenshots i feel it could be a PSN game...

Comment

I was say PSN but hasn't been confirmed yet.
                    Read some more that said it's a side scorlling platformer survival game.

RUN BAMBI RUNNNNNNNN

Comment

Does that make the gameplay any clearer? I'm thinking not...

Comment

Only that Cheetah > Ostrich lol

Comment

Sony JPN site says it will be a disc release.

Comment

This looks terrible. Weird + Japanese does not always = cool

Comment

doesnt tell us a whole lot, but its still interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X