No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw last night. This rocks. IS the main actor English? I feel like he is but he sounded totally American.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      Saw last night. This rocks. IS the main actor English? I feel like he is but he sounded totally American.
      Yeah it's Egg from This Life.

Otherwise known as Andrew Lincoln.

Comment

And so was the guy in the house

Comment

Yeah, the black dude was in Snatch, thats what happens when America gives acting roles to bloody Abercrombie and Fitch models, the Brits come and clean up. Probably on the cheap too.

Oh yeah, I'll be pi$$ed if the quality drops after this excellent start.
          Last edited by bash; 08-11-2010, 10:19. Reason: summin I forgot

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I watched this last night with my wife and I loved it! She wasn't so keen as it was a little too intense and gory in places.

I've read all the comics since the first collected book so I've been following Rick's survival for years. I still was biting my nails at some bits though!

A few sensible choices to heighten tension that differed from the comics such as the scene in the house looking through the windows at night and the decision to delay seeing the zombies for the first time until later on instead of at the hospital. The matches scene was great!

It's kind of weird knowing what is going to roughly happen to the characters, but still find it exciting! I audibly gasped when

Rick turned the corner and was confronted by a street full of the undead

!

I wonder if it'll be as DARK as the comic? The Governor storyline was particularly harsh...

Am I right in thinking that the first season is only 6 episodes long and a second season with 13 episodes has been greenlit?

Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd say "yes" but AMC say "not yet"...

Egg's American accent was flawless. The special effects, especially the

horse meal

and

legless cyclist

were astonishing for a TV show, as was the level of gore.

I hope the quality of the series remains high now that Darabont's not directing. He only did the pilot and there's a different director for each of the subsequent episodes.

Kind of like the opening credits of Thundercats had this amazingly well animated intro and then the actual cartoon had 17 frames of animation for the remaining 23 minutes!
            I saw this Friday night without the Adverts & was chuffed to bits with how great it was...even the missus was interested in it
            She has told me she probably wont watch any more though as the gore was a bit much for her at times...most notably in Atlanta itself.

That matches scene had me on the edge of my seat I was so expecting something to happen.

Katie was amazed when he emerged from the Hospital just at the level of death around him in the Army camp...she's never watched a Zombie movie so this is all fresh ground to her.

We both had the gasp moment like you QC

when he turned the corner into the Horde, that looked amazing the sheer amount of them was a sight to behold, then the tracking high shot at the end over the tank & street was fantastic really gave you a feel for the scale of the outbreak

Cant wait for the next episode.
            This Friday can't come quick enough

Neil

Comment

Episode 2 is out now for those that can't wait. Can't wait to watch this.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Yeah it's Egg from This Life.

Otherwise known as Andrew Lincoln.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lincoln

I thought i saw him somewhere before

Comment

Come on dude, he was in Teachers too!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                    Come on dude, he was in Teachers too!
                    And Love Actually

Comment

and sky's strikeback with lucas north off of spooks.

for those that havent read the comic, heres the first issue in full...

Comment

The only thing I didn't like was the really cheap coma-vision.

That was rubbish. The rest was awesome!

Comment

just watched episode 2. some great scenes in there, though the

chopping up of the zombie to make the guts disguise is proper rank! reminded me of the scene in dead set where patrick makes the distraction bowl from body of the the gay dude

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            The only thing I didn't like was the really cheap coma-vision.

That was rubbish. The rest was awesome!
                            Initially I thought it was a dodgy encode or something. It went on waaaay too long. Looked like something you'd accidentally click in Windows Movie Maker then would quickly press Ctrl+Z and pretend it never happened.

Will have to see ep2 tomorrow. Eastenders won this evening.

Comment

Watched the first last night. Excellent stuff. Really enjoyed it. Not so sure that he is the right lead as Brit with a dodgy US accent but still really good. I didn't think the coma vision thing was that bad tbh.

I also like the fact that the countryside isn't infested with Zombies like it would be in the films. It build to a cracking end to E1 where the city is full of em and the tank scene was great. His wifes a bit of a slapper as well, kissing his mate and never bothered to check if he was dead as it can't be more than a couple of weeks that he is supposed to have been shot and she's shagging about already. Is it her off Prison Break?

Will DL the second tonight. Also, what channel is this airing on?
                              Last edited by NemesiS; 09-11-2010, 07:05.

Comment

Second series doubly confirmed

AMC announced today the renewal of "The Walking Dead" for a 13-episode second season. Since debuting Sunday, October 31, "The Walking Dead" has broken ratings records, with the series reaching more Adults 18-49 than any other show in the history of cable television.

Today's announcement also includes Fox International Channels' (FIC) global renewal for a second season, following record-breaking premiere ratings in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. "The Walking Dead" was the highest-rated original series premiere ever to air on FIC simultaneously worldwide.

"The 'Dead' has spread!" said Charlie Collier, President, AMC. "No other cable series has ever attracted as many Adults 18-49 as 'The Walking Dead.' This reaffirms viewers' hunger for premium television on basic cable. We are so proud to be bringing back 'The Dead' again, across the globe."

Comment

Working...
                                X