No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear in mind I think Sony mentioned movies as well I think and they get blocked from US store. You could be setting yourself up for wasted money by trying to subscribe to the US PSN+.

Comment

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe boss Andrew House has told Eurogamer that cross-game chat is not part of PlayStation…

Confirmation that cross game chat isn't a perk of PlayStation Plus. And that it's coming. Eventually...

Comment

I have no idea why its so important, why would anyone want to be chatting to someone else while playing a different game?

Next the 360 will introduce something like cross video chat just to one up the PS3 and then people will be bitching why its not on PS3 also.

Useless.

edit: I want to be able to surf the web while playing uncharted 3, actually.
        Last edited by kernow; 17-06-2010, 11:44.

Comment

From my point of view, I'd love to be able to voice chat with a couple of mates regardless of what we're all playing. It's not a show stopper not having it, but I'd like it anyway.

Comment

ok

I guess I'm just antisocial then, I'd rather just concentrate on the game I'm playing.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
              I have no idea why its so important, why would anyone want to be chatting to someone else while playing a different game?

Next the 360 will introduce something like cross video chat just to one up the PS3 and then people will be bitching why its not on PS3 also.

Useless.

edit: I want to be able to surf the web while playing uncharted 3, actually.
              My mates and I do this all the time, either for chatting or to organise what games to play. How else do you arrange to all be in the same game to chat to each other?

Comment

The party system in Live is a really nice feature. It means if i see a friend playing a single player game and I fancy some online multiplayer, I can send them a party invite and we can chat about what game to play, how long they will be before they reach a save point, who else to invite etc. It's a really effective way of arranging games that everyone is happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                  My mates and I do this all the time, either for chatting or to organise what games to play. How else do you arrange to all be in the same game to chat to each other?
                  No idea, I don't play online a great deal, and when I do I just send someone a message or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                    Speech, phone, email, text, letter, carrier pigeon, smoke signal, morse code torch, sky writing etc ;p

Comment

What's the deal with all this cross game voice chat on PS3 (or lack of)?

I'm someone who does most of my online play on the 360 over XBL, and use the party chat quite often in games like Modern Warfare 2 to avoid talking with randoms, but still being able to talk with my mates but in out own private chat on the same game. I also know that the party chat works no matter what game you are all playing on XBL.

My question is: Does the PS3 already have like a private chat feature if you are playing the same game, and it's just the PS3 can't do voice chat if people are playing different games? Or is it that the PS3 can't do any sort of private voice chat (besides being at the XMB)?

Comment

It's only cross-game that doesn't currently work, and tbh I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Unless I'm playing in the same game as someone I don't need to be talking to them.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          It's only cross-game that doesn't currently work, and tbh I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Unless I'm playing in the same game as someone I don't need to be talking to them.
                          Ah cool. So if I wanted to, I could boot up say Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3, and enter a private chat with a few mates and we all play the same game together, whilst avoiding hearing the voice of randoms online?

Comment

I think you'd have to mute the people you didn't want to hear. I'm not 100% sure you can create a private chatroom within a game purely on the hardware side. If it is a feature of the game you'll be fine else you just gotta do the mute thing.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I see, I guess there is some convienience in building in a proper party chat system like the 360 has. As I don't really want to be going round muting everyone to be honest.

Comment

I'd imagine you'd be able to mute anyone you needed to whilst still in the lobby, it only takes a few seconds...

Things like this will be the death of gaming. Nerds are getting too damn fussy if you ask me.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X