Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Is the Vita version of Mortal Kombat meant to be free currently? It was coming up in the PS+ section the other day when I looked, but at ?29.99...
    The Vita version will be in your download queue if you've already checked out with the game. If you haven't then you've missed the availability period, they announced is as being available from 19th December to 16th January.

It's always worth keeping an eye on the official release announcements as they tell you what is being removed and when, sometimes they even give an end date when the content is announced which they did with Mortal Kombat.

Leaving the Plus Service in February:
    • 6th February - BioShock 2 (PS3)
    • 6th February - Ratchet and Clank All 4 One (PS3)
    • 6th February - Cubixx HD (PS3)
    • 13th February - Jet Set Radio (Vita)
    • 20th February - Pinball Arcade (Vita)

Entering the Plus Service in February:
    • 6th February - Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
    • 6th February - Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
    • 6th February - F1 Race Stars (PS3)
    • 13th February - WipEout 2048 (Vita)
    • 20th February - Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

The PlayStation 3 version is still available if that's any use to you.

Comment

Just so people don't miss any of the free stuff, this went up earlier on the Blog.

The new stuff...
      • Mass Effect 3 (March 6th)
      • Dead or Alive 5 (March 6th)
      • Joe Danger 2 (March 6th)
      • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (March 13th)
      • Puddle (March 20th)

On the way out...
      • Sleeping Dogs (March 6th)
      • Vanquish (March 6th)
      • LIMBO (March 6th)
      • Wipeout 2048 (March 13th)
      • Lumines Electronic Symphony (March 20th)

Mass Effect 3 has a full game trial and imagine it's a biggie so it'll be worth downloading in advance of the update.

Comment

thinking of joining playstation plus want to know though these games do we keep them or are they only playable for a certain amount of time (thinking of joining up cos heard you get a load of vita games)

Comment

As long as you've checked out with the games they are yours as long as you subscribe.

They're only available to "buy" for about a month so you have to check out with them in that period, you don't even have to download them you just have go through the process of buying them so they're in your download queue.

Comment

Quality titles from Plus again this month. I've played ME3 already and also purchased MGS, but Dead or Alive 5 is nice.

Comment

I'm guessing it's only for people who aren't already members but there is a free 30 Day Trial via IGN at the moment. Even if you're not really interested in Plus as an ongoing subscription it gives you 30 days to mess around with free stuff.

Just seen the rules, apparently the codes are very limited.
              • Open to UK residents only
              • You must be signed in to IGN to redeem the code
              • Current active PS Plus subscribers (either paying or on a trial) are not able to redeem this PS Plus 30 Day Trial offer.
              • A credit/debit card is required to redeem this voucher. You will not be charged during the trial period. At the end of the trial your subscription will automatically renew into a 90 day membership where you will be charged. You may cancel your 30 day trial at any time.
              • Full terms and conditions can be found here.
              Last edited by 85 78 73 81 85 69; 22-02-2013, 21:47.

Comment

There is some pretty decent content on offer here with PS+. I was sceptical at first but someone at SONY has taken a good look at how to make this service attractive to gamers and arranged some pretty good games for play as a result. Between this and Lovefilm I'm struggling to dedicate time to playing what's on offer.

I do hope the service evolves for when the PS4 hits the market.

Comment

Yep you can't knock it at the equivalent of what three quid a month.
                  They'd be silly not to carry it over to the PS4 in some way.

And to be fair to Sony they even have a thread on their blog asking for the type of games users would like to see more of on PS+ in the future.

Comment

Nice unexpected gem from Sony today, URL says it all, God of War HD free on PS3 from today for 14 days only.

Calling all PS Plus members. Boy, have we got a little treat to share with you today! To celebrate the launch of God of War: Ascension next month, we have managed to secure God of War 1 HD for our PlayStation Plus members to download and keep for as long as you are a member, [...]

Comment

Okami HD, Virtue's Last Reward, The Cave, LotR: War in the North and Thomas Was Alone are this months' free games.

PS+ is probably the best ?30 (or ?20 if you were quick with Game last week) you could spend on modern gaming at this point in time.

Comment

Yep, psyched about April's games . I was literally hovering over the buy button last week for VLR, but decided against it due to lack of cash! So glad I didn't buy it, I've already owned literally every Vita game that's been made available on PS+ up this point.

I did have my fingers crossed for NFS MW on Vita though - hopefully we'll get that in May. I still have my mostly-compete savefile from when I absolutely hammered it on the week of release before trading it back in.

Is the Move control worth it for Okami? Most sources seem to be saying that the DS3 is a better option...

Comment

Get on Thomas Was Alone people, lovely indie game and a really nice game to play through.
                          Narrated by Danny Wallace, has some lovely music in it too.

Comment

Is the Lord of The Rings game any good?

Can't wait for Thomas Was Alone, the Vita seems to be turning into a really platform for that sort of game. Not Plus related but the developers of Super Crate Box have announced their next game Luftrausers is getting a Vita/PS3 release as well as the previously announced Windows, OSX and Linux versions.

Just to make sure people don't miss out on any of the free stuff.

Leaving PS Plus in April
                            3rd April - Mass Effect 3
                            3rd April - Mortal Kombat
                            3rd April - Guardians of Middle Earth
                            10th April - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
                            24th April - Puddle

Also, just read that you can to 12 months of Plus and get 3 months thrown in for free in the Store until 10th April.

Comment

One thing I've noticed is that on the Japanese PS+ there seems to be a lot more in the way of freebie PS1 (and the odd PCE/PS2) titles. I guess this is down to the fact that there is actually some volume of them in general on that store. Either I'm going blind, or Japanese PS+ cards themselves don't exist though - anyone know the deal? Do you buy it in store credit instead?

Comment

Bollox. I only bought Virtue's on Wednesday from ShopTo.

Comment

Working...
                                X