No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was never announced as a downloadable title even though some people on here seemed to presume it was going to be and also that it was going to be a budget release.

You only have to take a look at the first few pages of the news thread to see what was at the time fairly standard negativity about pretty much anything that was announced for the console. LittleBigPlanet seemed to instantly be a classed downloadable budget release whereas Sony were promoting it as "potentially our biggest Blu-ray release of 2008".

I think both were wrong though as I can't imagine it sold that many copies in the final month of 2008. I could be wrong though as I'm not sure what else was available at the time on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      Hopefully that'll change, or it's intelligent enough to work out that you might not want a demo. I have save data for MNR/Infamous etc. so it really shouldn't pull down demos for those.
      At the moment its not. Turned it on last night and it downloaded demos for Heavy Rain and Modnation racers, both of which I've downloaded in the past and deleted. In the case of Heavy Rain I already own the full game and have saves, data, trophies etc for it on the hard drive. I'm in two minds about using this automatic download feature now tbh. On the one hand the automatic patch update would be a godsend as its one of the most annoying things about this gen of consoles. But if its going to be constantly downloading crap I don't want it seems as bit pointless, its a waste of electricity if nothing else. Can't see why you can't just specify what you want, it must be just Sony desperate to push this content on you as a marketing exercise.
      Last edited by Jurassic; 01-07-2010, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
        It was never announced as a downloadable title even though some people on here seemed to presume it was going to be and also that it was going to be a budget release.

You only have to take a look at the first few pages of the news thread to see what was at the time fairly standard negativity about pretty much anything that was announced for the console. LittleBigPlanet seemed to instantly be a classed downloadable budget release whereas Sony were promoting it as "potentially our biggest Blu-ray release of 2008".

I think both were wrong though as I can't imagine it sold that many copies in the final month of 2008. I could be wrong though as I'm not sure what else was available at the time on the PS3.
        I seemt to remember that the PS3's lineup that Xmas was LBP, Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2 and that all three underperformed compared to expectations. Though I think in 2009 LBP and Resistance managed to maintain steady sales

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
          Thanks John.

I'm sure when LBP came out Sony said it was too big for download release, but at 2GB, man that is tiny. They must have compressed the sounds, videos and textures to get it that small surely?
          2039MB installed.

Comment

Yeah that auto downloads rubbish at the moment. I bought Bionic Commando yesterday and sure enough it asked for an update when I first tired to play it. So I cancelled it and let the game install the game data/trophies etc then left the automatic download option on. Turned the PS3 on this morning and booted up Bionic C and it was still asking for the update to be downloaded.

I'll be leaving it turned off for now as the only thing its good for is wasting electricity. The fact they're pushing this as one of the selling points of PS+ is a bit of a joke really. Anyone else had any success with it downloading updates?

Comment

I've only subscribed this morning, and I don't think I have any updates outstanding.

They really need to detail exactly how that part of the service works, agreed.

Comment

I just signed up for it. The one big thing for me is also the updates. If there's one thing I hate in particular its the updates, so if I can get them all done while I sleep then fantastic!

Also, I didn't have any of the games on offer (Destruction Derby aside) so hopefully it will work out quite beneficial for me.

Of course, as I don't have a great deal of PS3 games, do I buy them now, or wait in the hope that they'll appear on the Plus discounts?

Comment

some people claiming there having problems with automatic update feature, i dont think its anyone on here but remember the feature wont work if you have less than 5 gig available.

Comment

How do the automatic updates work? Do they download whilst my PS3 is in a stand-by state or does the git switch on, download and then stay on for a laugh? Does it switch its good self off?

Thanks

Comment

Switch on from standby, download (And install if it's not firmware) and switch off again. I think, I'm not sure mine has had cause to do it yet.

Does it tell you what it's done the next morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post

Does it tell you what it's done the next morning?
                        I hope so. In a HAL9000 voice. "Dave........I've downloaded the latest firmware, Dave."

Me: "Thanks, PS3. Please load Socom."

HAL: "I'm afraid I cannot do that, Dave..."

Comment

I'd buy a PlayStation Plus+ subscription for that.

Comment

So, 30 USD for a digital copy of InFamous.. yay! Just 7gb too.

Sony is actually agreeing that BR wasn't really needed for games at all. More games will obviously come, and they're probably all well below 10gb.

Comment

Though of course 7 gig is larger than the space available on a 360 DVD....

What a cynical world we live in

Comment

Joined up...don't own LBP or Wipeout so quite happy to shell out.

Comment

Working...
                                X