No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I looked at a list of the downloadable games on PS Now, it had some interesting titles. Even a Raiden and one other stream only Raiden. Just a bunch of games but some would be for a limited period.

It has been ignored because people focus on the MS service. Also seems Sony didn't care.

Comment

I think the message was confusing when it came out. People think it's streaming only, and Sony never really bothered to set the record straight. It might not have the wealth of titles MS has, but it has some good stuff.

Comment

In my opinion it has a strong line up. Obvs it doesn't have the Xbox first party, but there is a wealth of stuff here. I recommend browsing all via the PS Store in PS Now section. It surprised me.

Comment

Is anything there for download or is it all streaming?

Comment

I think it's just the backwards compatible stuff that is stream only.

Comment

Generally, at least last year, the stream only stuff was the PS2 and PS3 titles. Almost all the Ps4 games and certain other titles were install or stream, ie you had the choice to download.

Comment

Existing plus is wrapping up so the offerings get less appealing

May 2022
                PS5/PS4 - Tribes of Midgard
                PS4 - Curse of the Gods
                and FIFA 22

Comment

PS Plus, PS Now Members Will Be Upgraded to PS Plus Premium for the Duration of Their Longest Subscription

This is interesting... I've got PS Plus stacked up for 11 years and I just got 3 months PS Now for £12.57!
                  That means I've upgraded to PS Premium for £12.57 for 11 years! Happy days!!
                  Last edited by phillai; 28-04-2022, 06:49.

Comment

I wish there was a 4th tier, PS Basics or PS Peasants, which just gave the multiplayer access for about a fiver a month without the invitation to play increasingly uninteresting and poor games. And I'd only pay that for as long as my son insists on playing competitive Overwatch, which shows no signs of abating.

Edit: to be fair there have been some classics via PS+ that I've enjoyed over the years, e.g. Transistor.
                    Last edited by Golgo; 29-04-2022, 14:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      I wish there was a 4th tier, PS Basics or PS Peasants, which just gave the multiplayer access for about a fiver a month without the invitation to play increasingly uninteresting and poor games. And I'd only pay that for as long as my son insists on playing competitive Overwatch, which shows no signs of abating.
                      Yeah, same here.
                      There's a massive list of unplayed games from PS+ in my library.
                      If I'm honest with myself, I'd rather have a cheap online sub than pay for PS5 games I can't play and PS4 games I probably won't play.

Happy to up the tier for a month for something good, but then drop down when I only want to dip into online.

Comment

With this new PS Plus coming I would have liked to see an avenue open so users can some access their PS3 and PSP (Vita?) digital purchases to be played through their emulators or some way.

Comment

PsN generates $14b a year.

PlayStation Network currently generates over a staggering $14 billion in digital sales, according to a recent report from Sony Group.

Comment

Be careful with this - I just tried to use a code I bought via Amazon for one month PS Now and it wouldn't work (bought 20 minutes ago), so even though you can still buy them (and apparently these are provided by Sony for Amazon), they look like they will no longer redeem.

The voucher code is incorrect or is no longer valid.
                            And it took me saying I'd be happy to contest it in court to get a refund from them - if that worked I was going to get a 12 month PS+ code, but won't be bothering now.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 21-05-2022, 17:28.

Comment

Did you already have a PS Now subscription?

Last I heard, stacking (i.e., adding to an already active subscription) has been disabled by Sony.

They're not being anywhere near as generous as Microsoft about these 'loophole' conversions, being market leaders and all. They're probably only begrudgingly launching these new tiers because their arm is being twisted by Xbox Game Pass.

Comment

No, expired a while back and I didn't renew it. The whole won't stack thing though annoys the hell out of me, there are zero reasons why Sony can't just extend the expiry date as Microsoft does if you have a valid code. How hard can it be to execute UPDATE membership SET expiry = expiry + 12 months WHERE id = XXXX?

Hmm - just googling and seems people were having problems last month with them too, and they're no longer listed on Amazon.

I'll probs end up getting the premium for a couple of months for the PS5 titles I haven't bought with them mostly still being £70 a pop, definitely enough there for those that haven't played many of the first-party titles.
                                Last edited by MartyG; 21-05-2022, 17:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X