No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you FF. I'm happy to chance this...I think a £11.99 sub is nothing. I often spend anything between £10 and £60 per 3 months on DLC.

Will look at this when the ladyfriend goes to bed.

Comment

List of Month 1 and Month 2 content is here and explanations on PS+ generally.
      Hi Guys, just wanted to send you a second post on the details of PlayStation Plus and to clear up some of the confusion/answer some of the questions you have raised around the previous post. Apologies for the length but there is a lot to cover! Ok, here are the basics of the new premium [...]

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
        Question to PS+ users, do you have to be online to play your content? Like if I can sign into my username but not be signed in/online do the PS+ games still work.
        I was happily playing Wipeout and the Minis while not signed in/online earlier so yeah you can. This actually surprised me tbh as I was pretty certain you'd have to be signed in and online to play. Looking at the info section of the game on the XMB, it gives the game an expiry date, so presumably it just uses this to know whether or not the game can be played or not.

Comment

I've mainly been getting info from the PlayStation Blog as they had a question & answer session.

There's also some guides on the official site which may be worth looking at:
          It's worth remembering that it's different from region to region and you do different things for signing up for 12 months in each one. If you're going to subscribe to one that isn't the UK which I've linked here, check the details for that region.

Comment

Cheers for the info, was just maging sure it didn't have some kind of crazy online DRM attached to the PS+ downloads.

Comment

I'm in

Can't find what is available on the JPN store mind...

EDIT

Its at the bottom and in plain English...duh!
              Last edited by ShadowDancer; 01-07-2010, 01:20.

Comment

One thing I'm not clear on with the PSN+ subs freebies - can they be used only for as long as the PSN+ sub is active?

Eg. for LBP and WoHD, if your PSN+ subscription expires, does your license to play these games also expire?

At the moment, the service tweaks and extras do not appeal, and of the freebies I already have the games I would be interested in. Seems like a bit of a waste of time.

Comment

LBP is a complete freebie, the monthly free games/minis (WoHD) are active as long as your subscription is.

Comment

Serious question for those who already have a Plus subscription - what is it about the service that made you think "Yeah I'll subscribe to this"? Is it just the free games?

Comment

i dont see what else it could be apart from the games.

if somebody hasnt already bought loads off the store. and is the kind of person who plays one game for a couple of weeks, then never again. i can see it being quite appealing. and would surely work out cheaper for that individual.

i'd rather be very selective, buy them and keep them forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                        Serious question for those who already have a Plus subscription - what is it about the service that made you think "Yeah I'll subscribe to this"? Is it just the free games?
                        That's pretty much it for me to be honest. I like the idea of getting updates while I sleep too. I'm willing to give it a go anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                          How big is the LBP download?
                          I'm sure sony said when it was released that it was too big for a download release and it could only fit on a blu-ray. I guess that was bollocks then unless its a 50gb download.
                          LittleBigPlanet is 2GB and inFamous is a touch under 7GB.

Sucker Punch did mention in an interview that it could only have been made on the PS3 but there was no mention of the size in the interview. There was an interview with Peter Dille early this year in and he was asked if the full catalogue of PS3 games would be made available for download and his reply was "No, I don't think so - at least, not any time soon." and he did mention that size/broadband speed was a factor.

You can download what ever you have space for on your hdd but it's not an option that everybody has at the moment. Some suppliers have a download limit while others throttle your speed at certain times so downloading these sorts of games isn't always ideal for people.

I wouldn't be surprised to see downloadable PS3 games becoming more prominent moving forwards though. Not sure it's something I'd use often though.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                            LittleBigPlanet is 2GB and inFamous is a touch under 7GB.
                            Thanks John.

I'm sure when LBP came out Sony said it was too big for download release, but at 2GB, man that is tiny. They must have compressed the sounds, videos and textures to get it that small surely?

Comment

I suppose they could have compressed the audio as they did mention uncompressed audio if my memory is correct. Does the game maybe have different spoken languages across Europe whereas here you just get a single language which depends on the region? I presumed that Stephen Fry was in it irrelevant of where you were though?

Bear in mind that I haven't downloaded it, that's the pre-download size which may well be compressed.

I just can't be arsed downloading it to find out while I still have the disc version.

Comment

Well LBP was going to be a Digital Title initially,so I get the impression that if hey did say that then it was just a lie to justify their decision to go for a retail release.

Comment

Working...
                                X