No announcement yet.

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't tell me what you make, I'm supposed to be judging and don't want to be biased!

I quite liked the bestiary, but it's a little annoying when an enemy needs to be hit 60 times to log him in it.

I've actually saved right outside the fire temple - I've not dared to go in yet.

TIP: use a sleeping bag right outside a dungeon to mark that as a restart point, save, and then you can explore the game to your heart's content, save one final time, reload, and wake up right outside the dungeon.

Comment

Yeah, my bestiary approving smiley was a little hasty. Having to whack the tougher enemies 60 odd times is a right task.

I'm on the last temple now, but am doing it in bursts to savour the gameworld in between.

S'weird, I've gone from being pretty indifferent to this game to it being one of my PS3 faves. Madness.

Comment

On the Dark Tower now but taking it in my stride as I've basically rushed through the whole game in about 15 hours. Absolutely loving so far though and actually think that this is more than just a Zelda clone. There's some very clever game design in here that Zelda has never done and there are tons of references to all kinds of other classic games.

All in all, it's got a very warm, nostalgic feeling while also providing plenty of depth and enjoyment in its own right. If you're one of the few people that's never played a Zelda before, I reckon you'd still fall in love with this as it's a brilliantly epic adventure that doesn't rely on its referential jokes to entertain.

Comment

Did a few dungeons on thsi over the weekend and just kinda gave up. It's certainly a decent game but once the charm of the visuals wore off it began to feel like I was playing a weak Zelda.

Comment

Working...
          X