1 2.86%

6 17.14%

3 8.57%

6 17.14%

12 34.29%

1 2.86%

1 2.86%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    i love the idea of it & I was initially totally wowed by it, just found it got very repetitive very quickly and the flaws that I overlooked initially as stuff was blowing up then really started to grate and annoy.

I certainly have interest in sequels, they just need to marry a tweaked driving model, some more variety and sort out the unfair AI.

Sounds like it has the same problems i had with Pure. Loved Pure at first then i got bored with it very quickly.

Im still really loving it and im at episode 12 now, trying to get all the golds or beat my friends times in trial or just survival. i feel this game is getting some negative views on here which are a little unfair , if Criterion made this it be the emperor's new clothes, just how MNR isnt getting the recognition cause the big N never made it, and BRS is only a new and young dev team and Pure was a cracking 1st title and this builds on their reputation, its not perfect , no game is, its just a fun arcade racer with huge explosions, which i can stick on for a few hours and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBubbles View Post
    i feel this game is getting some negative views on here which are a little unfair.
    Not really. Try aiming for GOLD everytime on the events and see how you do.

You don't have to aim for gold in all the events though, and if you do want to then you are gonna have to expect some sort of challenge. I'm on episode four at the moment and have got gold for every race/event so far bar one (bloody detonator event, only a second off though). The majority of them have definitely been challenging, but not even once have I felt cheated or thought that the game is being unfair.

It's the same with the majority of other games too, no? If you want to get a high score or rank then you will be challenged, you can't just expect to have it all your way.
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 31-05-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ezee ryder View Post

It's the same with the majority of other games too, no? If you want to get a high score or rank then you will be challenged, you can't just expect to have it all your way.
    What are you on about? I'm not expecting it to be easy, I'm not saying that at all. I am merely saying that the game turns out to be quite unfair later on and that is what most peeps on the forum have been mentioning.

As your only on EP 4 you have quite a way to go.

Hmm, "unfair" if you're going after all the golds or just in general?

Your previous post implied the game becomes "unfair" if you are trying get all the gold medals. I was just saying I would expect the difficulty to rise if you're going after all the gold medals as you progress through the game, just natural really.

I am on episode four though, maybe I will come across this "unfair" gameplay you mention soon. What episode did it begin for you?

Played a fair bit of this now.

Better than Burnout Paradise? No chance. The races themselves are a bit better constructed than Burnouts races but that's because burnouts races are in an open city and let you go which ever way you want but overall burnout offers so much more like marked man, stunt runs, road rage and all the online stuff is great with the road rules, showtime rules and challenges. Plus there's all the different places to explore and all the billboards/gates to find.
    Burnouts been played almost every month since I got it, can't see myself playing split second much if at all after 3 months to be honest. The game seems like the races themselves a short burst of explosive fun.

Races seem to be best in their first few tries, after that its all pretty repetitive you know where the best power play locations are, where to avoid etc.

I don't like the drifting so far but hopefully it's just the car I'm using and as I get more cars it will improve hopefully.

Kinda wish I had rented this and bought blur

I've decided to walk away from this now. I can feel the breaking point coming up with it and I don't want to push myself over the edge so I don't bother with S/S2 which could end up being rather special. It's been a largely fun blast and hopefully, next time, Black Rock can sort out the balancing of the racing as much as they have the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by ezee ryder View Post
    I am on episode four though, maybe I will come across this "unfair" gameplay you mention soon. What episode did it begin for you?
    From Ep 6-7 onwards. Its very noticable in the Elite races. Vixen and Rapture are generally top, unless you get lucky.