Ghostbusters 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

A woman who wasn't impressed by the trailer. I agree with her point of view, but I will say the full movie might have some fun moments. It will be interesting to see what sort of rating the movie gets across the net.
    I'd rather be forced to watch the trailer for four hours Clockwork Orange-style than listen to her for more than a minute. Crikey. She seems convinced the film will do badly because it doesn't appeal to her.

Hardcore angry fans make me laugh. "If you include these obscure story arcs, have actors X and Y back in it, get the original scriptwriter on board, have it set on the moon, add a cameo by actor Z, film it in 70mm I would DEFINITELY see it". Wow. One whole ticket sale. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      Hardcore angry fans make me laugh. "If you include these obscure story arcs, have actors X and Y back in it, get the original scriptwriter on board, have it set on the moon, add a cameo by actor Z, film it in 70mm I would DEFINITELY see it". Wow. One whole ticket sale. Great.
      Doesn't Quentin Tarantino almost make those? I'd watch it

Comment

I feel sorry for some film makers these days, having to read/listen to such outpourings of anger and negativity, even before anyone's seen the final film. That's the Internet age for you I suppose.

Comment

Most are hugely successful, mainly for producing drivel that is pushed with huge marketing budgets. I'm sure they don't get upset when they look at their finances. I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

I always have my work critiqued before completion, and have to change many things before my original vision is properly realised. This usually results in work I'm not happy with and won't plug into my portfolio. But, I'm not the one who's paying for my bills.

I feel sorry for the production team on good movies like Dredd which don't even make their budget back.

Comment

We're all pretty balanced on here and we're just discussing what we like and dislike about what we've seen so far and surmised the film will be like.

However, some areas of the internet need to take a chill pill.
            It's just a movie that is aiming to entertain and make money.
            It's not going to erase your childhood memories, it's not going to nullify the jokes in the original, it'll just come and go and make the same kind of impact as the Total Recall and Robocop remakes (worth watching but not as good as the originals) or Feig's previous films (watchable but pretty disposable).

I wish these kind of excitable people would use this energy on something that is worth getting upset about.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I wish these kind of excitable people would use this energy on something that is worth getting upset about.
              Too true, I mean... they're changing the recipe of Jammy Dodgers people!

Comment

Comment

video
                  To be fair, people will probably leap on that, because one thing people online are always quick to say is "somebody has it worse does not nullify my feelings". It's like when people say "who cares that American women receieve 12% less pay than men? People are dying in Africa!"

Comment

We're all pretty balanced on here and we're just discussing what we like and dislike about what we've seen so far and surmised the film will be like.

However, some areas of the internet need to take a chill pill.
                    It's just a movie that is aiming to entertain and make money.
                    It's not going to erase your childhood memories, it's not going to nullify the jokes in the original, it'll just come and go and make the same kind of impact as the Total Recall and Robocop remakes (worth watching but not as good as the originals) or Feig's previous films (watchable but pretty disposable).

Heard this a few times now...

I've been waiting decades for a sequel, but what we are about to be treated to looks to be ****e on a franchise ruining scale. Its been 27 years since the second film, but this new one has the potential to bury the franchise for good. I love ghostbusters dearly, so obviously find it upsetting that an all time favorite of mine is being made into something "disposable".

Didn't like it with robocop or total recall either, but it didn't bother me half as much because none of them really begged for a sequel/continuation in the way ghostbusters has. This has wasted opportunity written all over it, and one that will likely end the chance of a decent revival. At least slimer looked good for a whole 2 seconds.

I really hope i end up eating my words.
                    Last edited by PaTaito; 11-03-2016, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                      I've been waiting decades for a sequel,
                      Not a personal dig at you, PaTaito, but this phrasing really irks me. I see it a lot when talking about stuff like this film, or sequels to pretty much anything.

I can't help but feel it implies the person has been waiting, like sat in a doctor's waiting room tapping their foot, bored, with literally nothing else going on, always waiting impatiently for the sequel - when in reality they've been living their life and just hoping a sequel comes along every few months when something reminds them of Ghostbusters.
                      Last edited by Asura; 11-03-2016, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                        Heard this a few times now...

I've been waiting decades for a sequel, but what we are about to be treated to looks to be ****e on a franchise ruining scale. Its been 27 years since the second film, but this new one has the potential to bury the franchise for good.
                        So you're saying that the original writers/stars had nearly three decades to write Ghostbusters 3 but didn't pull their fingers out?

Did you know that Dan Akroyd wrote a script called Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent?

Dan Aykroyd, as quoted by Hollywood Online on February 10, 1998:
                        "Hell is not some distant place, far away from this dimension or realm. Hell is right next door. It's like those old tintype photos where you turn them one way and they look positive, then you just flick them slightly and they look negative. That's our concept."

Review comments from ProtonCharging.com:
                        "After all these years, Aykroyd has made Ghostbusters a full blown corporation, with dozens of employees, including mechanics to look after the fleet of converted ambulances; one scene echoes the shot of theEcto-1 driving across the Brooklyn Bridge, only this time there's a whole line. They've also built themselves the Ecto-50, a converted truck with (if I understand correctly) its own Containment Unit. Winston is in fact a doctor, but it doesn't feel quite right, as if the normal guy we identified with was now indistinguishable from the rest of the team - having him working on his degrees would have been cool, while still keeping him a tad more down to earth than Egon and Ray. Venkman is noticeably absent for most of the movie, a concession I'm assuming to the fact that Murray didn't want to do another GB installment."

Taken from MovieChronicles.com:
                        “We go to the hell side of Manhattan, downtown, Foley Square. It’s all where the cops are–they are all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge peat mine with green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils, very wealthy. We go and visit a Donald Trump-like character who is Mr. Sifler. Luke Sifler. Lu-cifer. So we meet the devil inside”

Comment

[MENTION=15793]PaTaito[/MENTION]: just ignore it. I'm almost certain someone else would've shat all over GB if it wasn't Feig.

On the bright side, people who may never have seen the originals will have their interest piqued. I'm sure there will be box sets and, who knows, maybe they'll re-run the cartoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Not a personal dig at you, PaTaito, but this phrasing really irks me. I see it a lot when talking about stuff like this film, or sequels to pretty much anything.

I can't help but feel it implies the person has been waiting, like sat in a doctor's waiting room tapping their foot, bored, with literally nothing else going on, always waiting impatiently for the sequel - when in reality they've been living their life and just hoping a sequel comes along every few months when something reminds them of Ghostbusters.
                            However you want to term it waiting/wanting/hoping/praying etc, 27 years has passed only for us to get a bloody feig edition.

So you're saying that the original writers/stars had nearly three decades to write Ghostbusters 3 but didn't pull their fingers out?

Did you know that Dan Akroyd wrote a script called Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent?

Dan Aykroyd, as quoted by Hollywood Online on February 10, 1998:
                            "Hell is not some distant place, far away from this dimension or realm. Hell is right next door. It's like those old tintype photos where you turn them one way and they look positive, then you just flick them slightly and they look negative. That's our concept."

Review comments from ProtonCharging.com:
                            "After all these years, Aykroyd has made Ghostbusters a full blown corporation, with dozens of employees, including mechanics to look after the fleet of converted ambulances; one scene echoes the shot of theEcto-1 driving across the Brooklyn Bridge, only this time there's a whole line. They've also built themselves the Ecto-50, a converted truck with (if I understand correctly) its own Containment Unit. Winston is in fact a doctor, but it doesn't feel quite right, as if the normal guy we identified with was now indistinguishable from the rest of the team - having him working on his degrees would have been cool, while still keeping him a tad more down to earth than Egon and Ray. Venkman is noticeably absent for most of the movie, a concession I'm assuming to the fact that Murray didn't want to do another GB installment."

Taken from MovieChronicles.com:
                            “We go to the hell side of Manhattan, downtown, Foley Square. It’s all where the cops are–they are all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge peat mine with green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils, very wealthy. We go and visit a Donald Trump-like character who is Mr. Sifler. Luke Sifler. Lu-cifer. So we meet the devil inside”
                            Its not like that script would have made it to the screen exactly "as is" lol. The script veers off into ridiculous territory in the last write up, but had some potential in other places. I'd wager that could have been a much better film than this new one, which rips off almost every idea from the original.

Be it reboot, sequel, whatever, the point is you would expect hollywood to treat such a beloved franchise better. I mean story elements ripped from the original, toilet humor, hack director, worst trailer i've seen in recent memory, etc. When i watch that trailer i think i'd rather see that GB3 script made real. Worts and all...

@PaTaito: just ignore it. I'm almost certain someone else would've shat all over GB if it wasn't Feig.

On the bright side, people who may never have seen the originals will have their interest piqued. I'm sure there will be box sets and, who knows, maybe they'll re-run the cartoon?
                            I try dude. When other crap reboots have come and gone i haven't been bothered at all really, not even enough to post. Ghostbusters is something i wore out on VHS as a child though, it holds a special place, i guess i just get a little irritable when i sense "holier than thou" vibes when it comes to people wanting to just vent a little frustration. I mean isn't it to be entirely expected? I'd rather be critical, than be "ahh that **** doesn't taste too bad so i wont mind a second helping".

I get the people who moan about crap movies, i don't get those who moan about said people.
                            Last edited by PaTaito; 11-03-2016, 19:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              This is exactly the kind of woman I imagine certain people on here going on a few dates with, then moaning about in the relationship thread for two years after being dumped by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                This is exactly the kind of woman I imagine certain people on here going on a few dates with, then moaning about in the relationship thread for two years after being dumped by them.
                                I'd rather throw one off the wrist for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X