No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd been mentioned that they'd like this to spawn sequels with the new cast so I vote for unknown comedians

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator View Post
      Comedy's pretty subjective, but I think we can all agree that based on Stepbrothers, Funny People and Pineapple Express, Rogan and Apatow are the natural heirs of Ackroyd and Murray.

EDIT - Hmm. That might read like trolling. I am being sincere actually. Great jokes, very much of their time, and with a bit of heart. That said, I can't see Rogan or Ferrall smoking tabs to the extent Ackroyd and Murray did in Ghostbusters.
      Nah, I never sensed you were 'trolling' in any way whatsoever. I vastly enjoyed Step Brothers at the cinema, not purely because Rogen wasn't in it.

It's just I find Seth Rogen really unappealing as a comedy star, he has no natural charm, just a snarky, beardy fatness, he doesn't project hilarity (to me, IMHO) in any way.

John Candy, he was *funny*, even Chris Farley had his moments. Seth Rogen is this sneery, bumfluff-covered nerdy hulk, his overly deep voice sterilising and mutilating any great script that has been offered to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
        Why? Let's be realistic and take off the nostalgia specs for a minute. The original cast are getting on now. We don't want a repeat of the new Rambo and Indiana Jones movies, do we?
        Yes, why not. That's what Ghostbusters is all about, the 4 main Ghostbusters. I don't want to see some young hip twat trying to be funny. Fans of Ghostbusters want to see Dan, Bill, Harrold and Ernie again They were a team and adding in new characters will just take that away.

Comment

That and Ernie doesn't look that different these days

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            That and Ernie doesn't look that different these days
            He hasn't aged a day!

Comment

I'm struggling to think of any 'younger' comedy stars that I do like.

Will Ferral's man child was funny once, now it's just stupid. He insists on adlibbing which consists of him delivering really stupid lines then expanding on them, drawing them out in the hope that'll make them funny.

Seth Rogan isn't funny to me at all.

I'd like them to go with unknowns, hopefully try to create some new comedy talent so we can finally get some consistantly funny films being produced rather than the Apatow/Adam Sandler/'xyz Movie' that makes up 90% of the comedy produced.

Comment

Paul Rudd and Craig Robinson would be brilliant fits. Have to think about the others.

Comment

You know, all of this debate is silly. Page 1, Tits. Big, bouncy tits. Big, lovely wobbly boobies.

Seth Rogan isn't funny to me at all.
                  Zack and Miri suggest otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

It's just I find Seth Rogen really unappealing as a comedy star, he has no natural charm, just a snarky, beardy fatness, he doesn't project hilarity (to me, IMHO) in any way.
                    Hey! I wear a beard sometimes.

And fatness.

You're far from alone tho. I really disliked him in Superbad - in fact I didn't really get Superbad full stop. Thought it was boring. But then thought he was great in Funny People.

The thing is Rogan doesn't really have any problem playing pretty flawed characters (another Murray/Ackroyd parallel), and he makes a couple of really ****ty decisions in Funny People, but even tho he's snarky and a bit lopsided he's also pretty easy to get behind cos he doesn't feel like a hollywood android.

Even Watusi enjoyed Funny People and he hates Rogan almost as much as he does Ricky Gervais.

Anyway, I think Ghostbusters The videogame is my Ghostbusters 3. Four men arsing about in a recording studio with a free game attached.

Comment

^Okay, maybe I was flinging emotive words around when discussing Rogen. I (currently) have some kind of beard thing going on, and also used to be a chubber, I'm very much not anti-fat beardies (George Duke is my hero!)

The seething has settled a bit right now. I just don't think Rogen can be compared to Murray in any way, shape or form. Murray is adept at pathos, understatedness, he has this air of loss and depression about him, his face is *right*, plus he gives off this perplexing sense of 'cool', mystique, he's a proper Film Star. Rogen is very good at boorish sarcasm, and is undoubtedly a capable actor, but he just looks like an overgrown school bully, he doesn't come across as likeable to me, his voice sounds like an oboe being played through a kazoo, and basically he is Porkins from Star Wars. No matter what film he's in, I just flashback the Porkins death scene in my mind whenever his face looms up on the screen.

Anyway, I'll try to just treat his performances fairly, in future, rather than being sick of the sight of the man due to how he physically/sonically appears to me. I think it's the sense of being told that someone is *supposed* to be funny, repeatedly, it starts to jar when it isn't *quite* happening. Tbh, I quite fancy that security guard comedy he's in, despite it getting a thorough pasting from the critics, the trailer lured me.

Comment

After vowing never to make a film with anyone less famous than himself, Dan Aykroyd now directs his energies elsewhere – into the spirit world.

Aykroyd says he's finally given up on trying to get Bill Murray to make Ghostbusters 3. If the film does ever happen though it seems a long long way off. To be honest, it seems like a straight laced reboot is the way to go. There would definitely be a market for the franchise but it feels like the last decade and a halfs worth of trouble is through trying to force it into being a sequel too.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                          To be honest, it seems like a straight laced reboot is the way to go.
                          There's no honesty about that statement at all. It's utter bull****.

Can't we leave anything in the 80's without rebooting it?

Comment

Guy at work opposite me hasn't seen any good films.

He's just given me my Aliens DVD back because he says he's never going to watch it.

He finally saw Ghostbusters and his review was: "It's weird. It's just... weird".

A girl at work asked "What's 'Back to the Future'?"

If young people aren't aware of such awesome franchises, maybe we should just leave Ghostbusters where it is.

All this rebooting malarkey works better when it's an older film or less well-known, such as The Fly or The Thing.

Comment

I think that's why reboots do so well, because there's so many people without pop culture knowledge. How they get like that is beyond me, it's not even difficult to at least stumble across the imagery or references to most of the major classics.

Comment

I can imagine someone like ryan reynolds playing the murray-esque character......same kind of dry wit, and actually a likeable actor who can do comedy. Then again probably too much sex appeal to work as a ghostbuster.

I do find some of rogens work funny(zack and miri the highlight), but he's to overbearing, in a non charming kind of way to work in this franchise.

In all honesty for the venkman role i can think of only two guys.....

Robert downey junior + Vince Vaughan

So my lineup would be:

Downey JR - Venkman
                                David Tennant - Egon
                                Paul Rudd - Ray
                                Don Cheadle - Winston

When my parents broke up when i was about 6, i used to rent ghostbusters with my sister every single weekend whilst visiting my dad...for the best part of 3 years before i moved there permanently.

Really ridiculous until one xmas my dad finally had a light bulb moment and bought me the video.

My favourite childhood film along with back to the future.
                                Last edited by PaTaito; 01-03-2012, 09:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X