Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10% discount at TheHut & 10% at Zavvi for PS3 games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10% discount at TheHut & 10% at Zavvi for PS3 games.

Not a huge saving, but it knocks Final Fantasy XIII CE down to ?49.26 & the CE Guide to ?12.54.

TheHut's discount runs until 9AM tomorrow but I'm not sure about Zavvi.

Anyone know if this effects Quidco status? Also wasn't there a £4 voucher for TheHut recently?

Comment

I'm not sure if it works with Quidco, but I think I worked it out that the 10% was better even if Quidco didn't work. There was a £4 voucher mentioned in the FF XIII thread in Headlines I think.

Comment

I might just be unlucky but I've been having some issues with Zavvi recently, anyone else encountered anything like this? Frustrating as they do seem to have some decent offers currently but if my experiences aren't a one off doubt I'll order from them again.

I ordered a DVD boxset and Borderland/Batman: Arkham Asylum back in December, all priced at ?17.95. Money taken but a day or two later the fraud department of my bank rang to ask me to confirm my recent purchases. Whilst sorting this out, bank informed me that Zavvi had charged me an extra ?36 the day after the initial order.

Contacted Zavvi and call-centre person told me that I hadn't been charged twice until I mentioned my bank said otherwise and then she admitted that they'd been having problems with their billing system and I had been charged twice but it would be refunded within a few days.

A week later I get an email from them saying they've accidentally dispatched a second copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum and could I send it back. It never arrived but I did get a refund for ?17.95 which leads me to believe they've charged me for the second unsolicited copy which I'm pretty sure breaks the unsolicited goods act.

I've tried contacting them a few times, don't get a response to web based enquiries and haven't had much success with call centre people. Plan to try one last time and contact bank if unsuccessful.

Comment

I too was charged twice, but was refunded pretty quickly. Also had a HORI Arcade Stick go missing, however they refunded that after I contacted them about never receiving it. Got responses from both email and call centre easy enough. I do still use them, for things that arent as cheap elsewhere.

Comment

I had that around Xmas too - I think they suffered a bit of a meltdown with the volume of orders.

I ended up being sent multiple orders on two different items (two of which then went missing meaning I never received a Xmas present for someone). They took a whole month to reply to messages and were a bit off hand telling me I must have pressed the button twice.

When they did reply they were pretty good about me sending a duplicate back (although they didn't have much choice there by law) and they are refunding me for the items that went missing. However I'm still waiting to see if they refund me for both missing items as they'd charged me twice (the email indicated they were only going to refund one).

Generally Zavvi have been pretty good though, so I'm hoping it was just a one off.

Oh and thanks to the OP for the heads up on this. Pre-ordered Dead Risinng 2 for £24. Even if it's crap you can't really go wrong at that price for a new release.

Comment

Good to know it wasn't just me, hope you both get sorted as well. Wary of placing another order with them not so much because of what happened but because they lied to me several times. Told me wasn't charged twice till proved I was and have told me several times would be refunded but only got half the amount back.

Been told they are going to refund the rest, will believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Anyone know if this effects Quidco status?
                I tried this on the FFXIII CE, am currently tracking ?3.45 cashback. Would bring it down to ?45.81 if it comes through - fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                X