No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, the 1952 edition SFC that used valves and took up an entire room. Those go for a pretty penny.
    Last edited by kryss; 11-03-2016, 15:49. Reason: s/lu/lv/

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      Ah yes, the 1952 edition SFC that used valves and took up an entire room. Those go for a pretty penny.
      1952 that was great era . When you could take the SFC and your 14 inch CRT TV to the airports and on the plane . Miss those days so much

Comment

Pleased to see Super Metroid & Zelda lttp are the US versions Super Metroid still looks so stunning ... and sounds dreamy with headphones on,

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
          I saw this on gaf this morning. http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/chase_tooikioku/
          Basically an adventure game made by former staff members of cing (hotel dusk and another code series). Hopefully we will see an western release.
          The former Cing VP stated a while back that he hadn't given up hope of there being a third game in the Hotel Dusk series. Here's hoping this leads to that?

Comment

Did we only get one set of the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards over here?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Super Metroid still looks so stunning ... and sounds dreamy with headphones on,
              I got it for the e-shop too lol. I think the GFX have aged a little as the game wasn't the best looking game even back at the time. The gameplay and sound just haven't aged . This after Mario IV has to be the most perfect 16 bit game ever made, the level design is perfection and the sound is still to this day hauntingly beautiful and so so atmospheric . So much so, that playing this in the dark with headphones makes scared a little .

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Did we only get one set of the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards over here?
                No there's 3 series. Look on Amazon uk you'll see them, although theres about a week or so till series 3 drops.

Series 2

Series 3

Although they are grossly overpriced over here. A full box of 50 packs in Japan is ?89.78 and over here 50 packs would be ?174.50 & you don't even get a full set.
                Last edited by importaku; 12-03-2016, 18:12.

Comment

...which is why I gave up, midway through series one. I love the idea of the cards and would love a complete set, but it's just too much hassle in the UK.

Comment

Thanks Importaku. Hadn't tracked down anything but series 1 locally so wasn't sure. Not going for a full set at all - just looking to bank a few for my girls so I can surprise them every now and again with a pack when they're good.

Comment

Thanks Importaku. Hadn't tracked down anything but series 1 locally so wasn't sure. Not going for a full set at all - just looking to bank a few for my girls so I can surprise them every now and again with a pack when they're good.
                      I can get you some here if you can't find any. People don't seem as interesting in Animal Crossing as they should be.

Comment

Thanks, really appreciate that!

Comment

I was looking to see if they might be cheaper bought in the 6 packs from the US and I noticed Amazon have changed their shipping cost label to Shipping & Import Fees Deposit. Anyway, yep, it would be cheaper here in Ireland to get 3 of the US packs with 6 cards each than it would be to get 3 of the local packs with 3 cards each. Ker-azy. And they seem to ship here.

Any reason not to go for US cards? They aren't region coded, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            I can get you some here if you can't find any. People don't seem as interesting in Animal Crossing as they should be.
                            There are people in animal crossing? I thought they were all animals

Comment

There are people in the game, the ones controlled by the gamer.

I was looking to see if they might be cheaper bought in the 6 packs from the US and I noticed Amazon have changed their shipping cost label to Shipping & Import Fees Deposit. Anyway, yep, it would be cheaper here in Ireland to get 3 of the US packs with 6 cards each than it would be to get 3 of the local packs with 3 cards each. Ker-azy. And they seem to ship here.

Any reason not to go for US cards? They aren't region coded, are they?
                              Nope, I use Japanese cards and amiibo in my games just fine.

Comment

Thanks Kryss. This new import fees deposit thing is tricksy. If I bought 3 packs, it is €7 for shipping. If I added a 4th, this import fee deposit thing kicks in adding another €6 on top, which then rises again as orders go up. Whereas shipping is not affected, with these being so small. So it would be a balancing act getting the right combo in terms of the numbers to get the right price.

Comment

Working...
                                X