Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things at home have calmed down, my mum apologized about the state of things as my sister being there was putting on edge when she was on the phone and things came out badly. Apparently my sister has been oddly very nice about wedding stuff and there has already been several drama's about her own that I have gladly missed which my mum is desperate to fill me in on when I visit (part of the reason of her not visiting is I think she realised both her and my sister staying in the flat with us would be a bit of a nightmare as they clash). A few wrong ends of the sticks realised, but my mum is very keen to try and get the ball rolling with our wedding plans, which is not ideal as the bloke wont be about but I'm willing to look at some stuff with her.

That's wrapped up nicely.

My irk of the day is the colleague I have a nightmare working with on Mondays. Last week was awful, today was irritating but not too bad. Now she is going to start some Friday's as well so I may have to work with her twice in a week, I'm no sure if I'm going to cope with that...

EDIT - That motorcyclist is a nutcase, what an asshat!

Comment

I want to sell Detective Pikachu and Pokemon X. I have the Pokemon X game cart but no case. I have the Detective Pikachu case but no cart. Detective Pikachu is definitely in that Pokemon X case but no matter how hard I look I cannot find them

Gah.

Comment

Gotta lose em all, pokemon!

Comment

I'm quite annoyed just how quickly people are accepting Louis CK's comeback, seemingly less than a year after he was outed for a long string of instances where he'd just got his wang out in front of lasses and just jazzed it off in their presence. Like some freako.

People saying stuff like "it was all in the past"..."we all make mistakes"...that type of stuff. This time eight months ago he was Vader to Harvey Weinstein's Palpatine.

Seriously, anyone on here conduct 'emselves like *that*??? Like just getting the schlob out and schlibbling it?

That's WRONG, Boyz.

Comment

Almost finished writing a rather lenghty post for this fine forum, hit the close button on notepad, clicked on "don't save". Aaaargh!!!

Comment

I used to do that but now I use the autosave facility on the forum - as per my EDF updates. You can close the browser and come back to it later.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                I'm quite annoyed just how quickly people are accepting Louis CK's comeback, seemingly less than a year after he was outed for a long string of instances where he'd just got his wang out in front of lasses and just jazzed it off in their presence. Like some freako.

People saying stuff like "it was all in the past"..."we all make mistakes"...that type of stuff. This time eight months ago he was Vader to Harvey Weinstein's Palpatine.

Seriously, anyone on here conduct 'emselves like *that*??? Like just getting the schlob out and schlibbling it?

That's WRONG, Boyz.
                He's a tosser, not a rapist. Not justifying his actions, just saying...

Comment

Also, his "comeback" is better than a cumback

Comment

Throughout the last patient of the day's appointment and a while before, a little girl (?) was squeaking more than screaming (but at the same volume) constantly over and over again in the waiting room. Apparently she did this throughout her visit including the waiting time before and after the appointment. Old lady we had in the chair was getting up and we could hear her again "I think there is an over-excitable child in reception" I said to her as we could hear her the other side of the building "Yes, I think they followed me from Tescos, just as noisy then, should have squashed her with my trolley!" said the lady.

Heard as I was leaving one of the receptionists saying the dad just spent the entire time on his phone as his kids ran amok, occasionally saying with no effort "oh no don't do that" without looking up. Just an irritation and caused stressed out patients to feel more on edge with that din for over 20 minutes!

We had a complaint emerge today from a patient we saw last week who is just a **** stirrer. Before we even saw her the dentist I was working with warned me she had bad gum disease and won't do anything about it. True to his word she acted like it was the first time she had heard about it and was not happy being told that she had to clean between her teeth as well as brushed twice a day, suggesting if she just used mouthwash it would be fine and didnt need help. Pretty much bullied him into giving her a quick clean which he said there was not much point as she (desperately) needed to see the hygienist for a professional clean and the quick clean doesn't undo years of damage and clear the problem. She left happy enough at the time but apparently was crying at the desk. Still wont see the hygienist and said we were 'arsy' and bullying her to clean her teeth properly.

Another asshat of the week.

EDIT - UPDATE. Now the neighbours have a screaming kid (happy screaming) in their back garden who i'm surprised hasn't collapsed out of breath the last 30 minutes of doing so.
                    Last edited by Blobcat; 11-09-2018, 18:56.

Comment

Just had a powercut and it's ended the life of my PlayStation 4. It beeps, but no body is home.

Comment

bummer

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          bummer
                          Who??

Edit: Ah, sorry Cassius .
                          Last edited by Zaki; 11-09-2018, 21:15.

Comment

nOOOOOOooOO!

That Sucks!

Comment

Was it a pro model? no warranty?

Comment

It was a launch model. Time to upgrade to a pro maybe. It'll have to wait for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X