Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Strangers is alright but definitely not £36 alright. It's a pretty straight forward game that's in all likelihood better than it should be but there's a lot of similar styled fighters out there and it's again leaning a little on its casts 'assets' to fill up the appeal the fighting itself doesn't go the whole hog on. If you're going to pay full whack there's better options out there. I enjoyed SNK Tag in the brief time more out the gate.

Comment

In case anyone missed it, Gone Home is now on Switch. I have bought it again although I replayed it very recently. But it has become like a favourite movie now - one of the beautiful things about its short length is that it can be experienced again in one sitting. It's low commitment.

Season 1 of The Walking Dead game is there now too. That's so good. Again, I have played through that twice and, in this case, I likely won't get it again on Switch but I could be tempted at some point. The first ep of the Final Season is up but I think I might wait until they are all there before going for it. It is slightly soured by the fact that, in true Telltale style, my season 3 save messed up somewhere along the line so my progress from the beginning is lost to some extent... but to what extent the Telltale support people weren't able to tell me.

Comment

Looks like Civ 6 was one of the games that was going to be announced in the Direct.. release date 16th Nov

Comment

Erm, you wot mate?!

Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Comment

Well, yeah, obviously. You could easily exploit certain games with save state abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Erm, you wot mate?!

Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
              Quelle surprise.

At this point, the combination of Nintendo and failing to do what everybody else in the industry have pretty much established as standard functionality (in-built online, local game save backups, etc) are a more iconic duo than Mario & Luigi.

The Nintendo Way.

Comment

How does this work on other systems? Because it sounds like it makes sense here. Save backups on Splatoon 2 would be abused badly. What prevents that on other systems that have save backups?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  What prevents that on other systems that have save backups?
                  Save data would be kept exclusively on the cloud, and ticketed each time it goes through a read/write. At least that goes for the more serious competitive online games where hacking/exploiting absolutely must be kept at bay.

So yeah, without an internet connection...

Comment

I guess we'll see whether they can detect hacked consoles soon enough. They haven't spotted mine yet. I can still use the store and still get game updates for now.

Comment

I remember to read firmware 6 will introduce extra telemetry to detect modded consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        I remember to read firmware 6 will introduce extra telemetry to detect modded consoles.
                        Are Nintendo REALLY still banging this drum? It’s just sad after all these years. People just want stuff in these open source firmwares that Nintendo can’t be bothered to put in themselves.

Comment

The Freeshop wouldn't go amiss, either.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            The Freeshop wouldn't go amiss, either.
                            Again, if they actually bothered they could be selling retro games already. But no, because Nintendo.

Comment

I might be wrong but SX OS recently released v1.9 which I think already sidesteps anything Firmware 6.0 introduces to counter it.

Comment

Sega has confirmed Sega Ages: Space Harrier is coming to Switch

Comment

Working...
                                X