This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo WiiU : Thread 05

GameFly, the popular video game rental service, has changed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker release date from late 2014 to March 2015 in North America. The rental chain has a decent track record of…

Small bit of a news to start the next thread for WiiU. Following its delay in Europe, there's a small rumour that Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will also see a delay into 2015 for the US

Bayonetta this month, Watch_Dogs finally seeing it's WiiU release next month and I'm all good.

Comment

Looking forward to my WiiU turning up today, need a break from the grind fest of destiny and get some happy colours back in my life, cat suit here i come

Edit. Just arrived, now to install the higher capacity battery and stick it in charge ready for tonight.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-10-2014, 09:12.

Comment

We're now into October and there's still no release date for Wii U version of Smash Brothers; does anyone else think that this might also be pushed back to 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
          We're now into October and there's still no release date for Wii U version of Smash Brothers; does anyone else think that this might also be pushed back to 2015?
          Sadly, I've suspected that for quite sometime now. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Some media sources have suggested that it might drop late November/early December...

Comment

It's a fail from Nintendo either way. If it's out this year they really should be well into the process of hyping up its release date by now given it's their only planned heavy weight release. Classic example of how clueless the company is atm

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              It's a fail from Nintendo either way. If it's out this year they really should be well into the process of hyping up its release date by now given it's their only planned heavy weight release. Classic example of how clueless the company is atm
              They probably figgure that the 3ds version will distract people to the fact that it's been very quiet on the wiiu version front, which all points to a delay as usual from them.

Comment

It'll show up Nov 28th. There'll be a Nintendo Direct in the next few weeks to say so, they've most likely also been holding back announcements of Smash Bros. Wii U's modes, Mario Kart 8 DLC tidbits and Captain Toad's Amiibos.

Comment

When's that multiplayer paintball splat game thing coming out? I want that!
                  Also, for those getting the Bayonetta 1 & 2 pack (and who haven't completed bayo 1 on 360) are you going straight into bayonetta 2 or starting with bayo 1 first?

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                    It'll show up Nov 28th. There'll be a Nintendo Direct in the next few weeks to say so, they've most likely also been holding back announcements of Smash Bros. Wii U's modes, Mario Kart 8 DLC tidbits and Captain Toad's Amiibos.
                    You know this for sure how?

(Not having a pop - genuine question)

Comment

Splatoon will be at least 12 months away. I'm a bit concerned about that, they've shown no single-player and Wii U online is supposedly quite baron these days for even Mario Kart 8 (I can't confirm, I've never played online with my Wii, which is kind of the problem with Nintendo's customers I guess) so if Splatoon is a Team Fortress kinda thing it's going to flatline as soon as the next Zelda or something comes out and people forget it.

Comment

I've found this sort of thing to be a real problem with consoles with small userbase's. Take the xbox one Titanfall can be very empty outside of the main modes, and if you wanted to play the story stuff after the first few months then your luck was out. if Mariokart cant keep players on-line how will a new IP that is heavily focused on on-line play fair its a bit worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                          Splatoon will be at least 12 months away. I'm a bit concerned about that, they've shown no single-player and Wii U online is supposedly quite baron these days for even Mario Kart 8 (I can't confirm, I've never played online with my Wii, which is kind of the problem with Nintendo's customers I guess) so if Splatoon is a Team Fortress kinda thing it's going to flatline as soon as the next Zelda or something comes out and people forget it.
                          Well, I play MK8 online and there're plenty of pretty good racers there to play against, so I don't know what your point is if you haven't played the game. And regarding Splatoon, those are just assumptions with nothing to back them up. The aimed release is first half of next year btw.

As for Smash Bros. it will be out this year, they just want to keep the attention on the 3DS version at the moment which is actually pretty smart. Plenty of time to hype the Wii U version if it comes late November or early December with Amiibos.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            You know this for sure how?

(Not having a pop - genuine question)
                            Well I'm just going on the fact that a few weeks ago retailers started all of a sudden putting that date online and in print advertising and that Nintendo never announce an exact release date until their preceding title is released i.e. SM3DW was released Nov 29 last year but that date wasn't announced until the week Wind Waker HD released which was October 4th. This year Nintendo have Bayonetta on the 24th of this month and we are due a Nintendo Direct which I'd guess would be the 21st.

Also Nintendo always release their biggest title on the last Friday in November (Skyward Sword in 2010, SM3DL and MK7 in 2011, Wii U console launch in 2012, SM3DW last year).

Edit:
                            Originally posted by Guts View Post
                            Well, I play MK8 online and there're plenty of pretty good racers there to play against, so I don't know what your point is if you haven't played the game.
                            I was referring to the dozen or so articles I've seen like this: http://kotaku.com/mario-kart-8s-onli...ier-1641776460

I've also played a lot of MK8 (since the update it turned out I'm only 1,000 or so coins from the golden glider which made me think I'll play something else until the DLC releases), I've just never been online with it, which was my point as I'd say I'm a pretty stereotypical post-Wii Nintendo customer.

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                            And regarding Splatoon, those are just assumptions with nothing to back them up. The aimed release is first half of next year btw.
                            I wasn't stating anything as fact, I said I was "concerned" and I think you will find that Nintendo haven't shown or mentioned any single-player element of Splatoon, as it stands it's billed as some kind of Team Fortress Jr which I SUSPECT will die a painful death on a Nintendo console because Nintendo's online experience is by any measure amateur compared to Xbox Live/PSN and anyone who wants to play that kind of thing is probably already engrained in COD/Battlefield communities on XBL/PSN/PC so it'll be a novelty that lasts until a bigger Wii U games comes along at best.

As for the release date, if you believe a loose "First Half 2015" from Nintendo doesn't mean Oct/Nov then I question where you've been for the past few years. As mentioned Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was once supposed to be Spring 2014 but currently has no confirmed date. Before that Mario Kart 8 was "Q1", then "April" and eventually came the last day of May. Before that DKC: Tropical Freeze was Nov 2013 and came Feb 2014. Captain Toad has just been delayed too... I could go on but yeah, forgive me for using evidence to make a judgement.
                            Last edited by Pikate; 06-10-2014, 14:03.

Comment

Just opinion, but i would be very surprised if splatoon sees release at all, or if it does just as a download curio with virtually no content. It just screams of something slapped together to excite the hard core at e3.

I could be wrong of course, but they showed other things that hadn't even begun development proper, like Starfox and Zelda, so it's probably a long ways off if there even continuing with its dev.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-10-2014, 14:25.

Comment

Working...
                              X