Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got taken off the project I was working on to go and head up another one. I think I might be getting thrown under the bus. However, I'm always optimistic and see this as a chance to be a hero

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Got taken off the project I was working on to go and head up another one. I think I might be getting thrown under the bus. However, I'm always optimistic and see this as a chance to be a hero
      But more likely the bus 🚌

Comment

I could see Brad strugging off a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Firewall went down. Internet dead.

Pulling my hair out in the server room and I get a knock on the door.

Me: "I know, the internet is down. I'm working on it."
          User: "how long will it take?"
          Me: "I don't know I'm looking at it right now."
          User: "Do you have some kind of timescale?"
          Me: "I've literally just started looking, so I'm not sure what the issue is yet."
          User: "OK, but I have to use the internet to get some files for a presentation soon, so do you know when it'll be back up?"
          Me: "Well, it would be a lot quicker if I wasn't stood here talking to you. I'll let you know as soon as it's up."
          I just make up timescales that sound convincing. An hour is my go-to figure because the person usually checks their watch, shrugs and goes for lunch. But never within an hour, as they might hang around if there's a possibility that it'll get fixed soon.

Sixty to ninety minutes is good.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            That's what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              That's what she said.

and it bags you a nice discount at love hotels

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                I could see Brad strugging off a bus.
                I have a bad back at the moment so I would struggle getting off a bus. Another irk.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  I just make up timescales that sound convincing. An hour is my go-to figure because the person usually checks their watch, shrugs and goes for lunch. But never within an hour, as they might hang around if there's a possibility that it'll get fixed soon.

I'll definitely do that next time. I like the person who asked, but when you're stressed, sometimes people need to read when to back off.

For longer term resolution dates, I usually say it'll be completed on the 32nd of Octember.

Comment

For longer term resolution dates, I usually say it'll be completed on the 32nd of Octember.
                    I pictured Ralph Wiggum doing IT support

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      That's what she said.
                      Fortunately, my wife's attention span is around 2 minutes.

Comment

I'll definitely do that next time. I like the person who asked, but when you're stressed, sometimes people need to read when to back off.

Comment

Why do we reward people in this country for being stupid? I swear to god, if I have to see that 'celebrities' go dating advert much more I might just throw the TV out the window. Remember when people were famous for talent, their achievements that mattered or intelligence? Not a requirement these days, all you need to is paint your skin orange, be oblivious to how the world works and have no moral compass whatsoever. *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Why do we reward people in this country for being stupid? I swear to god, if I have to see that 'celebrities' go dating advert much more I might just throw the TV out the window. Remember when people were famous for talent, their achievements that mattered or intelligence? Not a requirement these days, all you need to is paint your skin orange, be oblivious to how the world works and have no moral compass whatsoever. *****.
                            The problem isn't just celebrities. Everywhere you turn there is an entitled twot in front of you.

Comment

Also James Corden.

Comment

Ha! We saw that advert for the first time last night and my wife and I turned to each other with the same confused look and said "celebrities?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X