Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Beta Testers for GOTY 2011 - Wonton 51 out now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought the game earlier - it's really good! The art and writing is excellent. The game itself I found really tough at first, feeling like I had to look at two places at once and also shooting caused me to cover parts I needed to see in order to survive. But then I just flipped it around, held it horizontally and, suddenly, it all made sense and became much easier (relatively, of course - I'm pretty rubbish at it). It's a lot of fun and clearly a quality game. I know there was a race to the bottom with the app store but you might get away with charging a bit more for this one if it takes hold.

Well done! Looking forward to playing more.

You're right about the IAP - once people are 'in', they (and I) seem to be more willing to pay for more content.

Comment

Thanks very much for picking it up!

That is the other problem we had with releasing it, deciding on the price. We think it is worth more than 69p but will other people? There is no way of knowing and rather than killing ourselves with a higher price we went for 69p. We didn't set out to make a lot of money with the game, we were more interested in getting it in people's hands and creating a brand name or our studio.

Comment

People's expectations are unreasonably high, so more than the 69p mark would of probably got you some snotty reviews purely based upon that. Just picked it up myself today, I'll leave a review later.

Comment

It strikes me as being so wrong. That a game like this (and so many others on the App Store) could be perceived as only being worth 69p just seems so wrong. Is that all entertainment is worth? I guess it's for a whole other thread but the devaluation of entertainment in general seems to be a real rot and totally counter-productive in the long run.

Comment

And mostly to the benefit of Apple, too, looking at those profit margins.

I suppose one of the things with a mobile game is that your use of it is going to be fickle, too. If I have a game on my TV and a controller in my hands I'll specifically put time aside to invest in it. But on a mobile I don't know when/if I'll play it. I'm not really much of a fan of playing games on the move though. Plus the only truly mobile game I've played was a strategy game and I don't like those generally, but for ?1-2 I was willing to take a punt.
            Last edited by egparadigm; 30-10-2011, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Congrats on getting the game out! Haven't got it yet but will buy it for my Touch (any plans to make it universal for iPad?). I've been working away on an app myself, though not being on the programming end I'm going to need to hire some people or a company to code it and quotes are pretty high, which brings me to this question -

How do I find out how much people are making on the app store?

I know there are hefty figures floating around for the top earners but, knowing other similar businesses, there can be a massive drop-off from those top places to the average seller. Anyone know where I can find real figures on the more realistic mid-ground of app store sellers? Obviously we all aim for the top but my area is pretty niche so I'd never be the next Angry Birds, as much as I'd love that.

Really hard for me to take the punt and spend a serious chunk of change without some estimates on return. Anyone know where I'd look for such figures?
              Getting hard figures is difficult to come by, but here are some quite informative results of a very recent survey that shows how limited a percentage of developers get a sniff of the majority of revenue made on iOS:

Also, chopemon, massive congrats for making New and Noteworthy on the US Store - tremendous achievement and thoroughly deserved

Comment

Boom!

Our new update came out! It add in a new boss with a new attack, some bug fixes and a brand new rebalanced autofire mode!

Here are some free codes. All we ask is that if you grab a code and try the game and enjoy it, please tell your friends or leave us a rating. Oh and be cool and post when you have used a code.

Merry Christmas!

4YLFFMP399YX
                WK936M3KFFY7
                97EHX7JWWYLP
                HE6K9FHMEMPE
                A3FFT7HXHY9J

Comment

Just DL'd the update - will I need to update the review ?

Comment

You can add an addendum if you want.

Comment

It does address some criticisms of the review but the review is for the original product so it stands!

It is an interesting question though. If we fix the criticisms of a review and that now replaces the original version should reviews be updated?

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        4YLFFMP399YX
                        Used this'un, will be sure to leave a review/tweet if I like!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post

WK936M3KFFY7
                          Thanks you so much!

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Just used this code:
                              A3FFT7HXHY9J

Will post review on AppStore after playing it on my way home. Thanks

Comment

5 star review posted on Nordic AppStore and happy cappers! Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X