This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Gaming Setups

We havent done this in a while, and seeing as how Ive just tidied my room I thought its as good a time as any for a new gaming setups thread

If you want to add yours and have no webspace, I can host them for you for a while - email me pics to [email protected]

I just post the links cos the picture are about 1meg each, i just took them so my rooms still messy/dusty

I'm only proud of my Osaka Model from 'Azumanga Daioh'

Comment

Here are a few pics of my collection.

Comment

sadly im half way thru moving so all my bits and bobs are seperated between homes, here as some of my consoles however, couldn't fit them all into one picture!.

PS2, NES and a few others are not shown.

Comment

Ok here's my collection as photographed this morning. Its a bit messy

Home sweet home, tv & consoles
          Old consoles, bits and bobs
          Mostly console games
          Mostly PC games
          Workstation and games PC

Note the dance mat and empty bottles of beer - last nights entertainment

Comment

Okay guys you asked for it... this is gonna be an interesting ride. God knows what you think of the room I live in now after this

Starting in one place and then going round in a circle clockwise...

Pic 1

This is over my bed. A shelf of videos, with 2 cupboards with more videos/binded Superplay magazines in them, topped off by plastic crates/cardboard boxes with C64 games in them.

Pic 2

Moving round, clothes wardrobe that also houses most of my computer magazines, some board games, elegantly topped off once more by plastic crates containing C64 games! Note the GamesMaster golden joystick on display in the lower left corner...

Pic 3

What I deem "temporary storage"... except it's been like that for a couple of years! On top of a clothes drawer unit lies god knows how many C64 originals, together with empty cardboard boxes for sending stuff out in and lots of bubble wrap.

Pic 4

Angling down we see two more crates with C64 originals in them; spare magazines; 2 Zzap!64 binders; videos; notes for Animal Crossing on top of 2 more (hidden) boxes of C64 stuff; the box with Marcus' Edge magazines; and Atari 2600 Magicard just got, one of the hardest items to get for the machine.

Pic 5

The left side of the entertainment unit. CDs, one speaker for my stereo, and the chipped DVD player with lots of DVDs on top of it. Just above you can see another cupboard... one of three, housing videos, magazines and N64 games. On top of those... yes you guessed it, more crates with C64 originals in them. I have over 1,000 originals for the machine so they have to go somewhere! Lower down, the N64 and GC broadband modem still in packaging.

Pic 6

Lower down we see SNES setup (some hidden), Vic20 boxed (mostly hidden), one Hori SC2 stick for GC, and boxes with Vic20 carts in them.

Pic 7

The TV... with DVDs on it! Behind is a signed picture of Jango Fett (Xmas gift), and below is the VCR and C64 setup (with Zzap!64 dust cover).

Pic 8

The right side of the entertainment unit. Other stereo speaker, stereo itself is hidden behind all the CDs sitting on the top! Below the speaker is where the Cube would sit if I didn't keep taking it about place so often. Currently housing a complete AC card set and some valuable SNES games (see if you can spot which ones!). Below is storage space for more SNES, N64 and Cube items.

Pic 9

This is where the Cube currently sits, with two Wavebirds... happy! Together with an RGB lead from Saurian...

Pic 10

Final picture... end of the bed. Temperory storage again, with the other Hori GC stick atop boxes filled with comics...
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

OK here we go:

Got a pile of other stuff in the loft, Amiga 4000T, Wood Atari 2600, Atari 800XL and others.

Best purchase - Panasonic Plasma screen, highly recommended.

Neil.

Comment

I'm now posting my comparatively awful set-up - no 42" plasmas here I'm afraid. I don't think I do to bad considering that I haven't had a got and I only have one room to fit it in:

The main "big" part of my collection. I'd guesstimate around 150 games are here over various platforms (MD, SAT, MCD, PSX, GG, GB, GC, XB):

This is where I shove everything that I can't fit on the shelves - underneath my bed. Underneath the MD games is a NES, Powerglove and Zapper. My screwdriver set is also there and there is a few PC games.

Here is a photo of the left of my bench, starring my PC, TFT, my printer, my chair, my scanner underneath, a ghetto-blaster, a GC holder full of pads, and you can just see a MD/SNES holder that holds my MD1 and my SNES.

Finally, my consoles. Currently out are my Saturn, my PSone, my Xbox and my Gamecube. You can also see my dodgy 14" TV which I have to use to play them all with.. You can just see a see-through box at the bottom. That's my other pad box that has recently been cleared out - before it was practically full of PSUs and crap.

Not pictured is my cupboard that contains my N64, my C64 and my MCD2 among the crap. Also not pictured is a cupboard full of boxes, that contains boxes for all the rest of my rubbish.

In total, there are 235 carts/CDs in the room and one lent out. I think I manage to fit loads into this room considering the space problem.

Comment

I got a lot of PM's about it so I'll post here. The plasma screen is a Panasonic TH42PW5B, I picked up from www.plasma4u.com for about ?3500 about 6 months ago, but you can find it cheaper now. Note though to get all the cabling neaty done I spent about another 500 quid on switchers etc and if you don't have a Sky or Cable box you'll also need a TV tuner. The picture above is from the Dreamcast via VGA, for PS-2, Xbox and GC I use component video with progressive scan which simply is the dogs bollocks interms of picture quality. CRTs still give a more colourful picture but you can't get a 42 inch CRT, and when you can one day, you'll need a crane and a shelf the size of a small third world country to install it properly. I spent a great deal of time looking at Plasma's and the only one that bettered the Panasonic was the Pioneer 43 inch job. But it was seriously more money and was hard to find such that I couldn't justify it, plus I wanted the screen ASAP . If you are going to look at this I'd also now check out the newer Fujitsu screens that have just come out in the last couple of months, as they seem to have improved the contrast ratio considerably on their next gen screens. I'd totally avoid LCD at this time as its just to slow a technology for games. I also spent some time looking at the Sony floating screen and I'm really disappointed with Sony, the presentation of the screen is fantastic but the picture quality is abysmal and the money Sony want is just nuts.

Regarding the console to PC VGA solution. There is no cheap solution to this that gets you the ability to use the quality of your VGA monitor. DC is great it just works, but Xbox, PS-2 and GC don't have a great solution. GC you can use one of groundy's VGA cables if the game supports progressive scan, but even then there are GAMMA [brightness/contrast] issues.

So I looked and looked for a decent solution and found lots, but all for serious money, I even got a LCD VGA monitor with SCART on it but the quality for games was terrible. I finally found something that despite being more than I wanted to pay worked so well that I just spent the money. All the consoles are connected via component into the black box above with is an AudioAuthority component switcher [100USD]. That then feeds in to the silver box next to it via a component lead. The silver box is a AVToolbox digital scaler. It scales and converts an interlaced 640*480 picture into a non-interlaced 640*480 picture, or it will output at 800*600, 1024*768 and 1280*1024. The best resolution is 800*600 for games. The scaler was abotu 350quid from www.scancom.ltd.uk and the switcher I got from www.copperbox.com. Plus you need component leads, Xbox you can get from DVDBoxoffice, Gamecube from play-asia.com or Tokuda and PS-2 you can get from the Sony UK Playstation website. I got most of mine from ebay though.

Regards,
                  Neil.

Comment

:Edit:

k that didnt work

made a basic website for it enjoy, this is after a tidy up as well

Comment

I have a compact setup,

Click on me for more pictures

Comment

Thanks for posting them people, interesting to c what people own. I wud post but unfortunatly no camera, i don't own quite as much either workin to it.

Comment

some nice setups there, marcus one is very nice.

where's ten lately he had a nice setup ?

Comment

check this steel battalion setup - the best feature is the CUP HOLDER ON THE RIGHT

Comment

I?m looking to spend more money than I can afford on a new TV soon - about ?1500.

I was thinking of getting a rear-projection TV, like that very lovely one in that massive photo above, but I?ve heard rumours that it?s very easy to burn an image onto the screen if you?re playing a videogame, especially stuff like speedos, which stay on the screen for a long time.

Can anyone confirm of deny that?

Otherwise I?ll go for that cool Toshiba progressive scan model, which ain?t as big, but still sounds funky.

Comment

Working...
                              X