No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Wacom Bamboo stylus. I love the feel of it but, being honest, it's hard to recommend because the rubber nibs self-destruct incredibly quickly. I can't count the amount of replacements I have had to get.

Comment

Season of the Little Witch...

Comment

Happy Halloween all!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Season of the Little Witch...

I'm not going to keep complimenting you, i'm just not. Ah go on then, love this.

Comment

Thanks man! Really appreciate that.

Comment

You're churning these beauties out quicker than an animation sweatshop!

them both

Comment

Stranded outside the Gotthard for a couple of hours due to an accident inside the tunnel? A notebook with 3ds Max is all you need (and a car charger or batteries will run out mid-render).

Far from perfect (white and higlights overblown, spotty shadows due to low sampling), but not bad for a work done in my car

Comment

Wow. That's awesome. Fantastic work. Really solid.

Comment

Re: The Art Thread

Wow! It's so detailed! Little things like the canopy and writing on the side.

Comment

Awesome! Reminds me a little bit of one of the ships in Battle Garegga.

Got a fair few illustrations on the go myself and will post them here when they're done.

Comment

That plane is the biz

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Stranded outside the Gotthard for a couple of hours due to an accident inside the tunnel? A notebook with 3ds Max is all you need (and a car charger or batteries will run out mid-render).

Far from perfect (white and higlights overblown, spotty shadows due to low sampling), but not bad for a work done in my car

Wait, what? This isn't a photo of a model? I need to stop looking in this thread.........

Comment

TY all. I was able to reduce the overexposure of white parts (at the expense of some saturation and colour fidelity), but I want to see it on a properly calibrated monitor and not on the glossy screen of my notebook (which also takes years to render a single image). Next step will be to improve colours for the formation lights (the yellow strips), differentiate materials some more (the landing gears use one material for the structure and shock absorber, the black edges on wings, elevator and nose aren't glossy) and add some extra maps, like bump. Maybe make the canopy glass a little more shiny.

Comment

What's the best pixel art app for mac? I need to make 32x32 and 64x64 sprites, as well as background tiles.

I just discovered "Inklet". Lets me use my macbook's large touchpad as a tablet, in conjunction with a Wacom Bamboo pen. It's amazing! Anyway, need a pixel art app. I'm hoping Dogg Thang will see this but I think he does his pixel stuff on an iPad, which I don't have :-(

Comment

Yes, unfortunately I just do my stuff on iPad so I'd have no idea what the good stuff is for Mac. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X