Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS Vita wifi model for potentially ?120 :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS Vita wifi model for potentially ?120 :-)

Just thought I'd post this as I saw it mentioned on HotUKdeals few days ago but no one had really done it until I was brass balled enough to try my luck yesterday at Comet and Game in Lincoln :-)

Before I did this it is worth checking with your local Game if they are prepared to do the x6 DS games trade in at once for store credit otherwise you'll be lumbered with ALOT of 3DS games lol!

Firstly Game are doing 3 DS games trade in + 25% extra.
    Secondly Comet are selling Mariokart 7 and Super Marioland 3D for ?19.99.
    Thirdly both the above games are worth ?30 trade in currently at Game.

This is how I did it yesterday:
    - Bought 6 copies of the above games from Comet at Tritton Road Lincoln (5x Mariokart7 and 1x SML3D) for ?119.94
    - Traded in the said games at Game for ?30 each + 25% extra making a total trade-in value of ?225.

I then went on to trade in the pack in PS Vita + FIFA bundle for Uncharted and a 16GB mem card.

In final I paid out ?208 for PS Vita Wifi + 16GB card + Uncharted Golden Abyss plus you get a 20% off a Sony PSN card and it gives around ?10 credit to spend in store (after 24 hours).

It's up to you guys to sort out the bundle deals as you at the bare minimum you can get the PS Vita for ?120 with ?5 instore credit leftover but we all know you need a mem card and game lol :-)

This post is just to show that the 6x 3DS + 25% trade in is DEFINITELY on at Game (as of yesterday).

All the best - I will try and upload some receipt pics later.

I have tried uploading the jpg of the trade-in receipt but I keep getting invalid file message on the uploader. grrr... Can anyone help?
    Last edited by niftyifty; 14-03-2012, 14:13. Reason: Trying to upload photo

this is why game are going bust

Comment

It can work but any store can put a 1 title per trade limit on as multiples can be refused at managers discretion so I really would not attempt this unless you explicitly know the store will accept multiples. Some places will flat out refuse to whereas some may at a traders discounted rate

Comment

I just wish I could find a Comet with MK7 & ML3D in stock ... I want them to keep

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
          It can work but any store can put a 1 title per trade limit on as multiples can be refused at managers discretion so I really would not attempt this unless you explicitly know the store will accept multiples. Some places will flat out refuse to whereas some may at a traders discounted rate
          Yep. Max of 3 of each title per transaction. Naughty, naughty.

Comment

I can't believe people go to these lengths to get money off things, don't they have jobs or something?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Yep. Max of 3 of each title per transaction. Naughty, naughty.
              That's pretty good in HMV its one

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                I can't believe people go to these lengths to get money off things, don't they have jobs or something?
                It does seem like a lot of effort.

Comment

I suppose if you were going to both shops anyway you could, still not really worth it when you take off time, fuel and hassle when you can get one in Asda for ?62 more without the merry go round (?197)

Comment

If you were being paid 7 quid an hour, by doing what the OP said above you'd save more than you'd make in over 15 hours of work. Looks like it would take an hour max to do what he said. So, hardly a waste of time if you wanted a Vita. Of course, you might be paid 100 pounds an hour, if so, granted it might be worth just spending that hour waxing your Bentley.

That's not a euphemism.

Comment

Interesting how the value of time/money changes over time and that's ^^^^ a good illustration.

Comment

That is true but say you live where I do and the nearet comet it 15-20 miles so that's 1 hr round trip and fuel so that's what ?20 on the possibility they have the 3ds games in stock then another drive to a game an then hope they will let me trade them in, nope too much effort for me personally plus its not like you can just ring store branches of either anymore it's that damn centralised number

Comment

You can easily find direct numbers for stores online. I've done deals like this before and always check first, nosy wrong with using offers to your advantage if you're lucky enough to be able to!

Comment

It does seem like a hell of a lot of effort, but good luck to anybody prepared to go to these lengths for a bargain!

Comment

Like I said check with your local Game first to see if they're up for it.

Also the manager at the Game shop in Lincoln I did this deal at said it was no problem he was very friendly and he said to go for it (so I did lol) - he did the 6x DS trade-ins as 2 seperate trade-ins of ?112 each to get round the till system then he put those two vouchers towards the PS Vita - and fortunately for me Comet and Game Lincoln are within 500m of each other!

Sorry if this deal rubbed some people up the wrong way but it's one of those ones were if you're able to do it then go for it Del Trotter style.

All the best.
                              Last edited by niftyifty; 15-03-2012, 17:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X