No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just saying to a friend today, even after this settling in period the dashboard is still the most useless crock of **** ever. I'm hardly even aware when there are new demos nowadays

Comment

Weird, I am seriously getting less problems than with the earlier dashes. That said I HATE the design so can't really say I enjoy it. Pretty much worthless update. I am guessing it 'might' be due to them starting
      the play to win stuff so want to ban all the cheat controllers.

Originally posted by S3M View Post
      I'm hoping this update will speed up the "Assboard" as I've come to know it as. Takes ages to even load the ****ing menus and options. I've lost track of how much I'm seen that whirl icon, took 6 minutes to find my USB stick when I plugged it in. The Assboard seems to just give up the ghost if you have more than about 10 games on the hard drive.

This new Assboard is a complete load of *****ing rubbish, puts me off MS next console, as I expect the ****ing to work and move a few menus around without it dying on it knees.

Didn't have this problem with the blades or NXE.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        I'm hoping this update will speed up the "Assboard" as I've come to know it as. Takes ages to even load the ****ing menus and options. I've lost track of how much I'm seen that whirl icon, took 6 minutes to find my USB stick when I plugged it in. The Assboard seems to just give up the ghost if you have more than about 10 games on the hard drive.

This new Assboard is a complete load of *****ing rubbish, puts me off MS next console, as I expect the ****ing to work and move a few menus around without it dying on it knees.

Didn't have this problem with the blades or NXE.
        It's not the dash itself it's Virgin Broadband, I can see from your ip that's who are are with.

I have the same problem and have in the past with other poor connections.

Unplug your Ethernet cable/ turn off the wireless and see how quick everything loads.

Comment

That explains alot, as it was when I was with Virgin I had the majority of 'issues' I gotta say I wouldn't use them out of choice - Useless twonks when it comes to faults as well. So bad I cancelled and moved to BT ADSL a few years ago.

Comment

I have a 40Mbps broadband connection and the dash is still ****. Takes ages for my game lists to populate. I've seen it speculated that it's a lot worse if you have XBLIG titles in your collection as they need to be authenticated/authorised online even before the list is shown.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              I think that's one of the best things about this gen, no ****ty ugly nasty 360/PS3 pads. If a company wants to make a pad, they have to make sure it meets a certain quality criteria.
              I'd argue otherwise. The PS3 allows any USB controller to be used. I have my official Sega USB pad for PCs plugged in for many games, and it is sublime. I'd say I use it 50/50 with my PS3 pad.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                I have a 40Mbps broadband connection and the dash is still ****. Takes ages for my game lists to populate. I've seen it speculated that it's a lot worse if you have XBLIG titles in your collection as they need to be authenticated/authorised online even before the list is shown.
                I have the same trouble too, its nothing to do with Virgin and everything to do with MS **** dash .

Comment

I have SKY broadband which is less than stellar and mine loads fine a few seconds and its there....I only have one XBLIG game though.

I do hate the dash as much as you lot too
                  Barely use it tbh though just press the X button and use the menu wherever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    It's not the dash itself it's Virgin Broadband, I can see from your ip that's who are are with.

I have the same problem and have in the past with other poor connections.

Unplug your Ethernet cable/ turn off the wireless and see how quick everything loads.
                    Sorry Boris, your very very wrong, as I don't use Virgin for home.

Beside it happens when I'm offline as well, it's a issue with the new dash not been able to handle, large amount of content on your 360, that is sadly the core of the problem.

Comment

Seriously, how friggin' LOUD is that LoveFilm advert on the dash right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        I have the same trouble too, its nothing to do with Virgin and everything to do with MS **** dash .
                        Yup. Seems to be getting really bad recently - 'quickplay' is a complete joke.

Comment

I think a lot of the problem is adverts and other crap loading when you are online. It seems to prioritise all the crap you don't need over loading your actual games.

Comment

Yeah - that's getting to be a pain in the jacksie too. As a paying customer I think I should be able to pick if I want to be bombarded by crap lovefilm adverts or not.

Especially when that had that 'higher love' remake in the advert. Makes me want to Hulk smash something even now.

I have got a bit of a collection of GOD and XBLA games now though. I wonder if deleting them would make a difference.

Comment

I thought I'd put the APP MARKETPLACE through its paces today, what a waste of an hour that was. To start, why can't they upload the current version, every app has to download, followed by an update!

Anyway, I have a Sony TV in the lounge thats not a smart TV, but it has a Freesat adapter and a network port, so it can at least do iPlayer OK. I have a spare 360 machine in the lounge that the kids use, offline. I was recently sent a free 12 months sub to LoveFilm via TalkTalk for being a customer for a few years, so I had a brainwave, take the network cable out of the TV and get the 360 online and update it all with the apps.

Download a load of apps, iPlayer (works great), LoveFilm, MusZu (or whatever), Facebook, Vevo, LastFM, 4od, Channel 5 thing, YouTube.

ALL OF THEM, with the exception of iPlayer REQUIRE a GOLD MEMBERSHIP! Jesus Microsoft Really. For **** sakes, even Facebook!

The network cable has now been restored into the back of the TV. What a waste of time! I could of put my GOLD profile from my upstairs 360 onto a USB stick and walked it downstairs, but I'm not doing that every time!

I really am perplexed by the Gold account thing, especially when Sony does it for nothing on the PS3, as do all Smart TV's. They are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post

The network cable has now been restored into the back of the TV. What a waste of time! I could of put my GOLD profile from my upstairs 360 onto a USB stick and walked it downstairs, but I'm not doing that every time!

I really am perplexed by the Gold account thing, especially when Sony does it for nothing on the PS3, as do all Smart TV's. They are idiots.
                                Why don't you just have the gamertag on both machines? They changed the process so you just sign in, it doesn't take an hour to recover a profile now.
                                Last edited by EvilBoris; 22-07-2012, 15:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X