Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never fun. But at least, being a remnant of the old days, they have a phone number. Actually contacting companies now seems to be getting more and more difficult. Adobe's Contact Us for example, leads to a circular system of menus that goes nowhere but their forum where nobody will know the answer to actual account and billing questions. And they are far from alone in that. A real irk of mine actually - if you run a company, have a phone number and email address.

Comment

Once I got to speak to someone it was relatively painless. However, their voice recognition service leaves something to be desired:

In a few words, tell us what you're calling about

I want to cancel BT Sport

You want to upgrade to BT Sport pro, is that right?

*sigh*

And yes, phone number and email on the front page should be a requirement. Also, any service you can order from a website you must be able to cancel from the website and not have to phone them. Bastards.

Comment

This happens with small companies too. The kings of crap customer service mountain for me at the moment are Nin-nin Game, who were just an utter nightmare for me earlier this year when they double charged me. They ignored me for months before finally refunding me after me hassling them constantly on social media and via email.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          BT. Suddenly I'm paying for BT Sport, a product which I've never asked for but now see that I have always had but the price has been discounted to zero every month until now. I'm going to have to...

PHONE THEM

Not looking forward to that
          I kept an eye on mine and cancelled when the freebie was up. They're OK over the phone, but you can also cancel it easily enough on the website.

Comment

Auto updated, manual update, restart, redownloaded and still get an error message when trying to join BF4 servers with the Community Ops... Grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              I backup regularly with replication jobs between the two NAS. Never lost a bit ever since I started to use those.
              Yeah but are you sure that the copy you made is identical to the original?

Comment

Gunrock is my hero.

Comment

Hah thanks! But seriously, unless you have a verify option on your copy process or you checksum the original file and the copy and compare checksums, it's possible you have a bad bit or two in your copy. Of course it should be rare but if you have 18TB or whatever Briareos_kerensky has, the possibility becomes a matter of probability that you've got some corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                    Hah thanks! But seriously, unless you have a verify option on your copy process or you checksum the original file and the copy and compare checksums, it's possible you have a bad bit or two in your copy. Of course it should be rare but if you have 18TB or whatever Briareos_kerensky has, the possibility becomes a matter of probability that you've got some corruption.
                    I do run copies with checksum.

Comment

In the local and a band is playing. I wanted to leave about 10ish but the other half wanted to stay. To listen to them play ****e like Snow Patrol, Guns n Roses, The Killers and Stereophonics. Been bored out of my skull for the last two hours.

Comment

Sounds like decent enough music to me.

Comment

Could be worse. Could be a manic Street Preachers cover band

Comment

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Excellent.
                                Thank you Sir. I have my moments!

Comment

Working...
                                X