Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto for the win!

Comment

I was after one of those but the alfa website was impenetrable so I never found out where my local dealer was lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        I was after one of those but the alfa website was impenetrable so I never found out where my local dealer was lol
        Yep, their website is crap. If you manage to find your local dealer on there, trying to see what they have in stock is virtually impossible.

I got mine from an auto trader add for a fiat dealer in Weston super mare. Only 8000 miles on the clock on a nearly 3 year old car

Comment

Those 1.4Ti are pretty nippy if I recall the specs correctly

Comment

Yep. I had one and tempted to go there again.

love the back end of these.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              Those 1.4Ti are pretty nippy if I recall the specs correctly
              It's 170bhp, 0-60 in 7.8 I think.

Only 110 road tax too. The tct auto is 20 quid cheaper than the manual.

Auto ftw.

Comment

That's unusual, usually the CO2 output is higher on the Autos and the tax is higher.

Comment

That Evora S I've just bought is about ?180 a year less to tax than the manual one I had.

Comment

At the time that alfa was the nicest looking, reasonably priced car I'd seen. Was between that and the scirocco for a while and in my head I knew I'd get one or the other. I didn't of course. Vw dealership had nowhere to park and the Alfa website spoiled that idea. If their website was good I do wonder if I might have ended up with one. Anyway, enjoy!
                    Last edited by Brad; 25-10-2015, 17:53.

Comment

I quite like the new Scirocco. Quite a smart looking car.

Comment

Tried out the S# setting (Sport Sharp). Turns the throttle into an on/off switch. Useful. Maybe a track setting...

I've just seen James May being a copilot in a 4x4 Bentley on a rally stage. Well worth a view. http://youtu.be/3IZO5OBcn3A

Comment

Collected my new toy Friday, despite the weather being horrendous this weekend I've managed to empty the tank twice.

My other half has been finding it hysterical to see all the kids reactions to the car (and adults to be fair) as people seem really excited to see a Lotus more than anything else I've owned. Was the same with my last Evora S too.

Last edited by Colin; 08-11-2015, 17:21.

Comment

Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)!

Good to hear you're getting use out of it too.

Comment

That Evora looks lovely, slightly rude question but Colin you are clearly a man of affluence and taste but what made you pick a Lotus over a say more traditional Japanese performance buy?

Anyway, I've gotten so close to buying an RX8 but haven't gone through yet, i really want to avoid the ?500 tax bracket which is pretty insane.

I feel so dejected these days, all the cars I loved when i was 17 (14 years ago) are now so rare or just in the scrap yard (200sx etc.)
                              I really don't feel myself getting impassioned about any modern car really, which is sad because i really in my going on mid 30s want to start indulging in a motoring interest, id love to own a little s13 classic or 91 turbo rx7 and tenderly love it.

I dunno, the rx8 seemed a throw back to those 17 year old dreams. And i honestly cant think of any other car that might link me back to those feelings, any recommendations very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                people seem really excited to see a Lotus more than anything else I've owned. Was the same with my last Evora S too.
                                That'll be because that is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. Holy crap that looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X