No announcement yet.

Battle of the Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, that could be the reason, hahahahahaha.

Comment

A bit of a new title for this week's Battle of the Ports. It's Mr. Driller!

Comment

Man I loved Mr Driller back in the day, I spent a lot of time playing the DC version.

I was still complete rubbish at it though

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          I spent a lot of time playing the DC version.
          I played it on the Dreamcast first, so always think of it as a Dreamcast game. Such a well-designed, fun puzzle game.

Comment

I've only ever played Mr. Driller on a GBA emulator on my Nokia N81, which was a really good match up!

It's a good game, but I found a bit too tough to be addictive. It's no Tetris.

Comment

I liked Mr Driller on GC, top game

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I've only ever played Mr. Driller on a GBA emulator on my Nokia N81, which was a really good match up!

It's a good game, but I found a bit too tough to be addictive. It's no Tetris.
                Mate, I had the N93 - at least I did for about six months until some **** nicked it - and this was THE BEST for GBA (vBag) and Mega Drive (picodrive):

You had the d-pad on the left and then the buttons were plenty big enough and close enough together to control very nicely. You even had an 'L' shoulder button where the camera button was!

Comment

Can't say I cared too much for the original Mr. Driller.

Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits on the DS was the first game in the franchise that I got into - still have my copy.

Comment

Before anyone mentions it, yes I know there's an error with the scrolling text on the PlayStation part. Sorry about that. It was an error with the software used to build the show. I use the same basic template but for some reason the PlayStation text was kept and the new text not used My Patreon followers will all get access to the fixed version of the show.

Very late this week but it's here - Battle of the Ports - Gun.Smoke

Comment

[MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION], great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION], great show.
                        Cheers man. This week has been really busy so I was quite pushed to get this one out at the weekend.

Comment

The C64 version, as can be seen, is an utter travesty. It's one of the reasons why US Gold started licensing Capcom's arcade titles and having UK development teams convert them instead, starting with Bionic Commando (an excellent port by Software Creations). And why there's no "official" Amstrad or Speccy version, because this version was written in the US. As you say, US Gold "borrowed" Desperado and renamed it heh for those markets instead. Capcom would make its own version of Bionic Commando for the C64, and it pales by comparison to the UK version.

EDIT: I think you might need to edit and re-upload the video, you've still got the Mr Driller text on screen during the PS1 version of Gun.Smoke!
                          Last edited by Mayhem; 15-11-2015, 12:41.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The video has been fixed but only my Pateron followers have access to it. If I reupload the fixed video to YouTube it messes up the view count

Comment

Battle of the Ports is out now - Gradius

Comment

Thanks. I have fond memories of this game on various consoles.
                                Last edited by SUMIRE; 22-11-2015, 08:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X