Venom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venom

Also in the works is this spin-off of the TAS series to build on the Spiderman Cinematic Universe

PRESS RELEASE In a move to forge a new legacy in the story of Peter Parker on screen, Sony Pictures Entertainment, in association with Marvel Entertainment, is developing several new projects in the Spider-Man franchise, with Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner, Ed Solomon, and Drew Goddard to collaborate on overseeing the developing story over […]

The film, as title suggests, will focus on anti-hero Venom
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 05-03-2016, 10:03.

Sony really don't want to lose those rights to Marvel, do they?

Comment

It's a shame in a way as there's now zero chance of all Marvel series together. Between Sony and Fox the rights are tied up for a bare minimum of 15 years

Comment

Sony are doing an awesome job of killing any and all interest I ever had in the spidey verse.

Comment

I've always preferred venom to Spider-Man being honest so optimistic about his appearance this time

Comment

Venom needs quite a bit of build up regarding back story, This was the problem with Spiderman 3 they really tried to shoe horn it in and it flopped big time. Topher Grace should've featured partially in 3, turn into Venom in the end and been the big bad in a Riami/Maguire 4th movie but ah well.

I really hope they go for 616 Eddie Brock Venom and not Flash Thompson Venom or Ultimate Venom.

Comment

Sony has already announced intentions to produce a third and fourth “The Amazing Spider-Man” film as well as spin-off movies about “Venom” and “The Sinister Six”. Speaking with Den of Geek, series producer Matt Tolmach has now revealed the timetable for the various films: “Before we know what we do with Spider-Man 4, we’re going […]

This and Sinister Six will hit after Amazing Spiderman 3 and before 4

Comment

Talk about Spiderman popping up in the spin-offs as well as fairly pointless chatter about a link up with the Marvel Universe which looks to be off the cards and happily to for me as the window to do that has passed in my eyes

Comment

I quite like the look of Amazing Spiderman. Nice and bold, bright and comic booky. As it should be. Venom is very 90s to be, for some reason. Probably McFarlane.

Comment

With the publicity tour for “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” still in full swing, more quotes are dropping from the film’s producers about the future direction of the franchise – specifically the two spin-off films “The Sinister Six” and “Venom”. Producers Matthew Tolmach and Avi Arad say that the six villains that will make up the […]

Minor updates but some key nudging and winking that Venom's enemy in this will be Carnage

Comment

According to IGN this is also still lined up at Sony. Apparently Feige will only be involved in the next solo Spiderman, after that Sony still maintains full control of the franchise only with the added bonus of the crossover elements. As most of the original plan is clearly still going ahead, it really raises questions as it feels Marvel is risking the reputation of the MCU saga somewhat now

Comment

Yep, this doesn't feel good. As someone said on Twitter (me), this feels like young George Lucas bringing in old George Lucas to make Star Wars. Sony is weak. Marvel is strong. Yes, Spider-Man is a well loved character and wouldn't it be great if he was part of the Marvel movies? But Marvel have proven that they can get along just fine without him. They have a lot less to gain here than Sony does and they risk tainting their universe with the rubbish that Sony make from here.

I guess part of it depends on the marketing. If Spider-Man has a cameo in CA3 and we know that's all it is, that could be fine. If people go into to Sony-made Spidey and Venom movies thinking that they are Marvel movies and they stink, that's a problem.

Comment

I think this is going to be a disaster. Spider-man has so much bad baggage from all the **** films that his presence to me taints the good marvel have done.

He's like poochie in the simpsons.

Comment

They're apparently taking the character young again, so whilst he'll already be operating as a lower scale Spiderman it'll mean a return to high school and Gwen.

They'll have to tread carefully as well, shoe horning OsCorp into the universe... Especially after NYs devastation in Avengers could get awkward if handled wrong

Comment

I too am not looking forward to this.

Spiderman's had 5 films now. The first one was decent for the time, in that we were still reeling from the idea that superhero movies didn't have to be generally terrible.

The sequels were poor and I couldn't even command enough interest to see the recent two.

Do we really need to see Peter Parker get bitten by a spider, beat his bully, get the girl next door...

I kinda hope they go with the new Spider Man kid - is it Miles-something? Anything to get us away from what we've already seen.

They also need to remember who Spiderman is and remember his limits. He's not invulnerable. Pretty sure the original character couldn't hold up a building or stop a train with his body.

Comment

Working...
                              X