• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACDC, Wembley, 26/06/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXcoazNYZmg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ySV9Ffu1o&feature=related

Was anyone else there?

Probably wouldn't have been if my son hadn't taken an interest....so that's what kids are for!

Last time I saw them was 1980 (Southampton Gaumont)....had forgotten how much fun it could be lol

What a great night

Wanted to go to this, but left it too late. What was the sound like? I was at Foo Fighters last year and was sat in the nose bleeds, and the accoustics weren't that great.

Comment

Was a little worried when the support acts were on, as the sound was pretty bad, but by the time ACDC went on it was tight.

Sat in one of the unreserved seats just to the left of the stage so had a great view.

Those HD links I pasted are a pretty good representation. Check out Highway to Hell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmJLIlY5D4 When the drums kicked in on the intro it sounded awesome

Comment

I was there!

Got into AC/DC about 4 years ago, so I was worried I'd never get to see them live. I jumped at the chance to see them at Wembley when the dates were announced.

I love The Subways, but it really wasn't their crowd. First time I've ever seen them fail to hype a crowd up.

AC/DC were awesome! I was stood right by the sound desk so I had a great spot when Angus appeared on top of it.

Sound was great, but not perfect. You could see people clapping out of time in the gods because of the echo delay. I was worried it might be too loud after recent complaints, but it was a good level. Maybe Angus' levels could have been a little higher in the solos.

How ace was the set? The cartoon intro and the train crashing was great, and Rosie's appearance was genius.

Absolutely loved it.

Are they doing a DVD of it? I didn't spot any notices on the way in.

Comment

someone who was there! Knew there had to be someone out of all those people.

Agreed, Subways were a bad replacement for Thin Lizzy.

TBH I only really knew THE song (i.e., rock n' roll queen), but I was disappointed with the band. They've obviously got bags of talent between them, but the singer just irritates.

'Cmon you sexy mutherfu**ers', over and over really wore thin, and the constant references to ACDC just came across as a lame attempt to get something back from the crowd.

Now if they'd come on and shredded a Lizzy cover that would have caught people's attention

Comment

I do like the DC, but at the moment I am not into Stadium gigs, I am getting old and idea of travlleing to the middle of nowhere to see a band doesn't appeal. And yes, I do consider Wembley the middle of nowhere.

Comment

As you probably gathered from my 1st post I was also 'feeling my age'.

Probably haven't been to a gig for 10 years.

Had convinced myself that I wasn't going to enjoy it that much, especially as it was stadium, but have caught the bug again. Just had to get over the initial 'I wish that was me up there '....frustrated ex musician!!!

Enjoyment factor was also heightened by the fact that it was my boy's 1st gig.

Will now look at some smaller venues closer to home, e.g., Bristol.

Comment

Not long back from their show at Hampden Park. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite having pretty crap seats. One of the best crowds I've experienced at any gig as well, was pretty much a homecoming celebration for the Young bros. I can't believe how much energy Angus has.

Managed to get some footage of TNT up on Youtube as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W7b50MWh7c

Comment

I was at the Wembley show and it was fantastic, not as good as they were at the o2 from a sound point of view, but we were right in the crowd instead of seated this time and the atmosphere was fantastic! Also went to see Neil Young on the saturday at hyde park, then Bruce Springsteen on the sunday, was an amazing weekend! If it hadn't been for being at three gigs in three days i'd have flown home for AC/DC at hampden too!

Comment

It was friggin' awesome. I don't feel I need to elaborate on that. Crowd was excellent as well. Great gig.

Comment

Yeah I was there at Hampden yesterday as well.

As you say, the crowd was excellent, but the Answer and Subway were really just filler material for AC/DC, even though Subway were ok.

That was my first AC/DC gig - is is usual for the crowd to always shout 'Angus, Angus' about 10 times during a gig?

A couple of close-ups on the big screen showed his hands were bright red from the blood concentrated in them. His 10/15 minute solo stint was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                        Yeah I was there at Hampden yesterday as well.

As you say, the crowd was excellent, but the Answer and Subway were really just filler material for AC/DC, even though Subway were ok.

That was my first AC/DC gig - is is usual for the crowd to always shout 'Angus, Angus' about 10 times during a gig?

A couple of close-ups on the big screen showed his hands were bright red from the blood concentrated in them. His 10/15 minute solo stint was something else.

Brilliant, i'm from Scotland, but live in Ealing and went to Wembley. You're from Ealing and went to Hampden! Did Angus say anything about it being good to be home? And yes, it is normal to chant his name like that!

Comment

I can see how that'd be strange mate lol.

I'm Scottish through and through (from Kirkcaldy in Fife) so went to Hampden in the middle of a visit to my folks. Live in the Big Smoke now though because of the jobs down there, but home is where the heart is

No words from Angus as I recall, he was too damn busy showing off and playing to the crowd, but it was a brilliant show from him (and them) in general.

Comment

Nice one, i'm from Cowdenbeath myself, been down in London for ten years though. I've lived in and around Ealing for nine and a half.

Comment

It's a nice area is Ealing, I live not that far from Hangar Lane station, in the middle of suburbia.

Lived in Shepherds Bush when I first moved down last year, but that place was a dive.

Comment

Working...
                              X