Warner Bros "snapper case"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warner Bros "snapper case"?

Is snapper case the official term for the original Warner DVD boxes?

I'm probably in a minority that really like those, I never used to, I guess the standard amaray case is so widespread and bland, I'm starting to pick up these older case styles when i see them, adds a little novelty to the otherwise dull dvd format.

Anyway, is that what they are actually called?

Am I the only one that thought this thread was gonna be about some sex charges involving a Red Snapper being brought against WB?

Comment

Not sure what case this is.

Are these the ones with a card front that are held shut by a flimsy plastic catch that folds over and snaps it shut? That's a popular DVD case in the US and I dislike them (card = looks shoddy after a while).

The best DVD cases by far are the steelbook ones.

Comment

For the longest time I never realised that the plastic clip opened up and I used to slide the cardboard cover out.

Comment

I like the clear sort of heavy duty plastic ones cases, like the one my Big Lebowski DVD is in

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post

Are these the ones with a card front that are held shut by a flimsy plastic catch that folds over and snaps it shut? That's a popular DVD case in the US and I dislike them (card = looks shoddy after a while).
            Yeah those are the ones!

@ChrisField, I had the same problem I had no idea the plastic bit on the right opened aha.

@spagmasterswift, that would've been a better thread.

Comment

How many movies were actually released in them?

I know my copy of Training Day is in one but I don't have any others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
                How many movies were actually released in them?

I know my copy of Training Day is in one but I don't have any others.
                As far as i'm aware all the early WB DVD releases came in these crappy cases. I've probably still got a dozen of the critters.

Comment

Three Kings is also one, the first DVD i ever bought if i remember rightly

Comment

Oh, I just remembered that my DVD of The Matrix is in one of those

Comment

Yeah, our copies of Matrix and Training Day are defo in the snap cases. I'm sure there's a few more we've got at home like that but can't think what offhand.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Austin Powers is another... My first DVD and still have it

Comment

I've got Soldier, 2010 & Purple Rain snappers, what a legend line up.

Comment

Got loads of these. Pretty much any WB disc back in the day had them - Enter the Dragon, Unforgiven, LA Confidential, Blade Runner DC, Exorcist, JFK, Deliverance, Dirty Harry, Contact etc etc...

I used to dislike them because of the size difference but not so much now. They're still pretty lame though. 2 disc films just have the 2nd disc in a paper sleeve.

Comment

First DVD i bought was replacement killers. Its in one of those stupid clear plastic cases

So glad common sense prevailed, and the clear cases and cardboard got killed off.

Comment

Working...
                              X