Bruno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruno

I did a search but unbelievably couldn't find an existing thread! This is Sacha Baron Cohen's latest film based on his gay Austrian hair dresser character called Bruno (sorry boxing fans!).

I am SO looking forward to this movie!

Velcro jumpsuits FTW!

trailer: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=18933059001
    Last edited by ChrisF; 01-05-2009, 15:13.

Yep, saw a trailer for this in the cinema a few weeks back. I liked Bruno on the TV show but didn't think he was anything as good as Borat. Choen looks like he is proving that wrong - looks fantastic.

Comment

I just love the quote from this bit on the BBC news site about when he fooled Paula Abdul (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8028463.stm)

"I walk in and there was no furniture except a chair. And this guy Bruno introduces himself. He snaps his fingers and says, 'Gardeners'.
      "And these two Mexican guys come in, and they drop down to all fours. I see him paying them like 10 bucks."
      I dunno how he gets away with it!

Comment

trailer I saw for this on the Times website a few weeks back looked a bit naff, I thought he'd crossed the line of being funny and was simply trying to shock by being offensive, which he rarely did as Borat.

I'm not sure about this, loved Borat but this just looked a bit silly and childish.

Comment

I'm all over this, looks hilarious.

Comment

Wow, didn't even know about this!

Though I liked it, I was disappointed by the Borat flick, but I still anticipate new stuff from Cohen, and I always found the Bruno bits on Ali G highly amusing. So fingers crossed, then.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Wow, didn't even know about this!

Though I liked it, I was disappointed by the Borat flick, but I still anticipate new stuff from Cohen, and I always found the Bruno bits on Ali G highly amusing. So fingers crossed, then.
              The Borat movie is rubbish. I was looking forward to it, but.. it's really is lame in all areas.

Ali G was funny for its time. I like the movie. I think Cohen is simply milking his old characters - that should have been buried a long time ago. I've never felt that he's a great comedian. I think he did well with Ali G, but.. that's it for me. Something to remember, but.. it's over.

Comment

If I was Eminem I'd be mighty p*ssed at Cohen also. Not a nice view.

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

Tell you what that was one of THE funniest things I have ever seen on a show.
                    Eminiems face as he walked away was PRICELESS, would not surprise me if it was all a set up though.

Comment

TBH I'm pretty surprised that he went along with this PR stunt, rap becomes more like professional wrestling every year...

Comment

He should have popped a cap in his ass...

Comment

Just saw the video of this. You better believe I lol'd

Comment

Judging by how precariously the guy was dangling, it seems unlikely that he would've managed to land his arse exactly on Eminem's face in such a perfectly captured-by-the-cameras moment.

I can't be the only one who thinks it's a very well done - but STAGED - PR stunt, though I don't know what it will do for Eminem, apart from keep his name in the spotlight. Maybe it is all WWE-type ****e??????

Comment

It's been confirmed as staged by one of the show's producers.

Comment

Working...
                              X