Michael Owen is a complete prick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Owen is a complete prick

I didn't know where else to put this link, found it on the Guardian website, so I put it in its own thread. You have to be a right arsehole to celebrate like he does scoring against a 13 year old. Owen looks about 17-18 but regardless of his age he is an absolute dick head.

Neville Southall was good with his comment at the end

Judging by the fact that's at stoke, I would estimate that as taking place around 1997 which would make Owen around 17. Not exactly the worst thing in the world to have some fun during training as a kid.

He matured and displays sportsmanship in games. Unlike a certain Mr Ronaldo who as a grown man thinks it's hilarious taunting goalkeepers after scoring.

Comment

Oh its a bit of fun , and old Neville can be a complete prick at times , I remember his rather childish sit in , in the goals . I rather knock Owen , for not giving 2 sh8ts about Newcastle myself

Comment

that said its still hard to argue with the overall sentiment of the thread though.

Comment

What and sitting the goals isn't childish ? . And if little boys can't take someone celerbrating goals , then don't play the game ,. No wonder we so sh8t at sport . And its not like Owen wasn't having a laugh and taking it in all good fun .

Me I rather knock Owen , for not caring and not playing for Newcastle , he was dire at Spurs .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Me I rather knock Owen , for not caring and not playing for Newcastle , he was dire at Spurs .
            Most of the Newcastle side were dire at Spurs, so throwing all the blame at him is harsh.

Also, his goals to game ratio for Newcastle is actually very good. His major problem is keeping fit. He has been consistently injured during his time as a Newcastle player.

In any case, the clip is from the CBBC programme "Michael Owen's Soccer Skills", which iirc was aired back in the late 90's/early 00's, making Owen somewhere between his late teens and very early 20s. Obviously his playing form and celebrity status were at an all-time high back then post-France '98, hence the "confidence" he's displaying in the aforementioned clip.

Perhaps it doesn't look too flattering in today's climate but I've got to be honest and say that I'm not sure that I see too much wrong with his behaviour when placed in the context of the period it was filmed in.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-04-2009, 08:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Most of the Newcastle side were dire at Spurs, so throwing all the blame at him is harsh.

I know , most of the Newcastle players don't care about the Club , and it's plain to see (sadly) But if were to start a thread to knock Owen , it be for his lack of effort on Sunday , his constant diving (its not just johnny foreigner that dives in the English league) not for him having a laugh , and a bit of fun with the BBC or what ever .

Comment

I'd forgotten what a round chap Southall was , didn't he sue his own daughter because she didnt give him back his medals after he divorced his wife, so took her to court got his medals back and sued her for 5 grand even though she was a uni student? I think he's more of a prick than Owen tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Asylum View Post
                  I think he's more of a prick than Owen tbf.
                  Hammer makes firm contact with Nail-head, methinks!

Comment

That made me laugh. Just the medicine I needed

Comment

Working...
                    X