Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 - Not connecting to any network, no lights -wired or wifi, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 - Not connecting to any network, no lights -wired or wifi, help!

Hi all,
    Having some probs with a recently purchased U.S Ps3. It's a u.s 60gb unit which is in great condition and was told was fully working. However the machine refuses to connect to, or find my router?
    I have checked the setting and it is broadcastinf SSID etc but am getting no connection lights from either the router or ps3? i.e. I don't have the usual green router let telling me I have a connection.
    When I try to run WiFi the Ps3 Wifi light doesn't blink or even display. Furthermore when I go into network setting the console seems to spend ages on the 'checking network configuration' page but never finds anything and never gets any furhter, it doesn't lock up, it just doesn't do anything.
    Can anyone help...please!!
    P.S: If it's any use I get error codes: 80010201 and 80130128
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 23-09-2008, 13:49.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Doesn't sound good mate..

Try getting it to work wired a little more before moving on to wireless.. Have you tried the obvious things like trying a different network cable? try a different slot on your router etc..

Comment

I think you can do a full reset of the console by holding down the power button for a while or something along those lines. Have a google, may be worth a try.

Comment

Yeah tried all of that mate, and no joy at all
        Is it worth downloading the newer firmware? As It appears to be on 2.17

Have tried reset's and even reformatting but no luck.

Comment

I think so, get it up to date.

Guess, as Morph says, try new cable, port, etc..

Good luck.

Comment

Have tried new port, 3 different cables, reformatting and everythign I can think of. Is this a common problem?

Comment

I not heard of it to be honest, but then i haven't heard of many PS3 failures/wrongs.

Can you send it back?

Comment

not common but does happen every now and then - A friend had an Xbox that seemed to have a dead network port. Play around with wireless using only auto scan but other than that network chip/s may have had it & needs to be sent back to Sony. Sorry mate I know its a US machine so Sony UK probably wont deal with it.

As suggested do the network update via usb - worth a shot (although it sounds hardware related)

Comment

Nope, my PS3 was extremely fast in recognizing the wired network. You sure that the router has the DHCP server up and running? Already tried to manually input the router/access point IP address in the network properties?

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance - what is the dhcp server and how do i set it up?
                    It works with my 360 if that helps?

The problem is, is that there is no light on the PS3 with the Wifi symbol - i have heard this is supposed to be green?
                    There is also no light when connected in LAN mode with a network cable - have tried one that came with it and 2 others.
                    I thought this indicated perhaps a problem with the network card, as the PS3 won't even find the name in Wifi mode.

Comment

If there's no light at all then the network adapter is busted; it would be easy to test the ethernet port if you have the right equipment.

BTW, the DHCP server is what gives each device attached to the network its unique IP address and manages traffic between them. If you already have multiple devices connected to network and working properly then the DHCP server is up and running.

Comment

Is it possible to repair the network adapter or is it buggered for good?

It's only a recent purchase, have I been sold a turkey I wonder

Can anyone else suggest any help?...Please?
                        Should I just get a refund?
                        Last edited by Escape-To-88; 23-09-2008, 15:25.

Comment

The ethernet port is soldered to the motherboard, and you don't know for sure if it's only the port or the whole network subassembly, which seems the case as both wired and wireless networks are down. If you do not have any real soldering experience nor you have a schematic for the PS3 mainboard (as well as the same network chip), I wouldn't risk disabling the whole console.

Probably Sony UK won't repair an US machine, but it's worth a try calling them and ask the directly. If not, got for a refund, replace or repair, though you'll have to pay for shipping costs again.

Comment

help please!

have the same error message coming..please help!!

Comment

Have you tried any methods to resolve this? If so which one's? Sometimes if a PS3 has been on for a long time, a simple shutdown and then restart can help. Also, if you haven't already, try resetting your router. Have you tried either those? Any joy?

Comment

Working...
                              X