Royal Mail Strike - Quick Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail Strike - Quick Question?

OK, so this might be a bit selfish of me given that we're talking about people's livelihoods, but I'll be honest and I don't know enough about the situation to comment. Although that doesn't usually stop me...

Anyway, a couple of days ago I ordered some kit online and paid extra for Special Delivery. Which should have meant I received it yesterday but obviously I didn't.

Can I get the money back for this from either the RM or the firms who were sending the deliveries out?

When the strikes were rolling, they were APPARENTLY still guaranteed, during nation-wide industrial action there's no chance of compensation.

Just have to suck it up, I'm afraid.

Comment

Lol, thought that might have been the case. Oh well.

Comment

You'll probably still get it earlier than standard though as I'm sure all the build up won't be shifted in a day.

Comment

are they on strike today

Comment

I'm guessing so, or there's a backlog as I've not had any mail since Monday and am waiting for a few things. I saw someone posting elsewhere that some guys got in to trouble for not crossing a picket line in Edinburgh so they've downed tools again.

Comment

ok think the goverment should step in and sort this

Comment

Originally posted by DUKENUKEM2UK View Post
                ok think the goverment should step in and sort this

?

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                  I'm guessing so, or there's a backlog as I've not had any mail since Monday and am waiting for a few things. I saw someone posting elsewhere that some guys got in to trouble for not crossing a picket line in Edinburgh so they've downed tools again.
                  I believe that there has been an un-official strike in Scotland as well.Cant remember exactly the reason but i think it had something to do with managers driving vans to collect mail and some posties being suspended.Neverevertrevor hopefully will read this and give the correct info.Last time i saw a postie was also monday.Waiting for a few items now.

Comment

Anyone on the 'inside' know anything more about this?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Debating whether I should order anything at present or just be patient.

Comment

"The CWU said a backlog of 80 million items of mail had now built up in the system".

Jesus!!!

Comment

i mean the govement should make them sit down and sort it out or stop them going on strike as its a public service and them going on strike is going to effect people

Comment

Originally posted by DUKENUKEM2UK View Post
                          i mean the govement should make them sit down and sort it out or stop them going on strike as its a public service and them going on strike is going to effect people
                          There's already been a thread locked on this subject.

Comment

I've got legal letters due to me which I must have by the weekend and are of the utmost importance.

To say my patience has expired with this malarkey would be a massive understatement much as I sympathise with the plight.

I think the posties need to bear in mind there are thousands of people who'd jump at the chance to do their job for the money they're being offered - This could backfire on them badly.

Comment

For fear of making the situation worse, I feel scared to comment and give my opinion. Yoshimax has hit the nail on the head though.

My job is piss poor too, but it's still better (slightly) than being on the dole.

Comment

Working...
                              X