Wii Error 52141

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii Error 52141

Have AOL broadband (wired, modem, not wireless with router), a Nintendo Wifi USB adapter, getting error message 52141 on the wii. Help please!
    Last edited by Spatial; 06-01-2007, 10:19.

As far as i'm aware, there's a problem with AOL in general and getting even the USB adapter to work. Or at least I believe this was the case with the DS. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

Not what I wanted to hear, then.

****!

Comment

Heres the link to the nintendo wifi site it seems to only be about wireless connections and hotspots and not wired with a modem. Not sure if it'll be of any help though.

Comment

Have you got a firewall or any anti-virus software running?...... If so, that could be the problem.

I had to close both down to get it to install, and could only use Windows XP firewall once I had installed it and was connecting to the Wii.

Comment

Serves you right for using such a god awful ISP!

With my experience with people using AOL and trying to get Animal Crossing working over Nintendo WiFi, you needed some elaborate workaround to get it to work with AOL. Though if there's something simpler than this or if anyone here is using AOL perfectly fine, feel free to correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by MiaBocca
              Have you got a firewall or any anti-virus software running?...... If so, that could be the problem.

I had to close both down to get it to install, and could only use Windows XP firewall once I had installed it and was connecting to the Wii.
              I have no idea. I need someone who knows their stuff to check that, my home pc is a right old mess tbh.

Comment

If you type that error code into the tech support search at nintendowifi.co.uk, it says that error means your firewall is blocking the dongle's connection. However, there is a known issue with AOL and the usb dongle, so the firewall might actually be AOL's super-strict servers.

Personally I have to turn my firewall settings down to 'medium' or my dongle doesn't work.

Comment

You need a wireless router mate - they work fine with aol and the dongles don't. Also, you wont need to keep the computer on.

I and many others heartily recommend the netgear DG834: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-DG83...&s=electronics

I've set one up with AOL no probs.

Comment

OK - will take the dongle back to the shop and get myself one of them bad boys.

Comment

p.s. if anyone has a router of this ilk for sale, PM a brutha - cash waiting

Comment

Working...
                      X