Best Dizzy game...ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Dizzy game...ever!

The other day, Philip Oliver from Blitz Games(who made Fusion Frenzy among other recent titles) visited my university to give us all a speech.

And before he could make a start, I shouted out "WE WANT ANOTHER DIZZY GAME!!!"

It was although he expected this question from a group of 20-something men who had grown up on his games.

His reply was -

"Although we don't make any more Dizzy games, the spirit of him lives in our newest games".

So I went back to play through the old ones, after not being entirely happy with his answer.

So what were all of your favourites?

Mines gotta be Magicland Dizzy, it was the first one I played, and will always be a favourite of mine.

I always preferred the mean shopkeeper and harsh one-life-only approach of Treasure Island Dizzy. Followed closely, it must be said, by Fantasy World Dizzy (which, on the Amiga, had the Best Video Game Music Ever).

The spin offs, though, like Fast Food and Kwik Snax, were ****e

Comment

Magicland dizzy was my favourite too.
      They were rock hard, only ever completed Treasure Island. Think that an update for the GBA with minor graphical improvements and a save game would be one of the best games for ages.

Comment

"Although we don't make any more Dizzy games, the spirit of him lives in our newest games".
        Bollocks..

What was the very first dizzy game called? Twas my fave.

Comment

The Dizzy game that came out for the megadrive was quite good - but dammit, it had no save feature on it!

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo
            The Dizzy game that came out for the megadrive was quite good - but dammit, it had no save feature on it!
            Fantastic Dizzy is the only Dizzy title I have played. Is that a fair reflection on the rest of the series, or should I look out for another Dizzy title as I found FD to be rather dull?

Comment

The thing about the Dizzy games is that some of them were different depending on what platform they were on. Me and a mate had a C64 (me) and a Spectrum (him) and both of us had all the dizzy games (the 2 main box sets with 5 games in each). Most were the same but Spellbound dizzy was way better on the spectrum, was far different in terms of level design. I always wanted a spectrum because of that

Comment

No dizzy games have a save feature, IIRC. If you don't like one dizzy, chances are you won't like any of them, Cookie. The essential mechanics remained unchanged throughout the series.

Comment

Ahh the dizzy games - the games that set the C64 (men) from the Speccy (boys)

Many a argument was settled on this gaming series.

'how can a speccy be better when dizzy changes into the colour of the background '

And when dizzy got red shoes on the c64 i heard the speccy boys cry !!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaiSuki
                    I always preferred the mean shopkeeper and harsh one-life-only approach of Treasure Island Dizzy. Followed closely, it must be said, by Fantasy World Dizzy (which, on the Amiga, had the Best Video Game Music Ever).

The spin offs, though, like Fast Food and Kwik Snax, were ****e
                    I agree, Treasure Island Dizzy was awesome, it and Fantasy World were two of my favourite ST games.

Fast Food and Kwik Snax were brilliant though, loved those back in the day. When I get a chipped Xbox i'm whacking on an Amiga emulator and reliving those memories ^^

Comment

i think magic land dizzy had to be the best. i remember having to wack a goat with a stick so that the evil troll would run away. ha

did anyone else manage to finish the game, i was so HARD!

Comment

hehe there are too many names to remember! The one I had for spectrum kept me addicted for about a year but I was 5 after all. The last one I played was a PC port of ummm Magicland dizzy which was quite nice. Never ended up completeing any of them though. Always died jumping over the waterfall with barrels just on my way back to the beanstalk!!!

Comment

Best one I remember playing was

The Prince of the Yolk Folk

I played some of the others but I think this was my favourite.

Comment

Treasure Island was my favourite. The best bit in any Dizzy game was walking on the clouds. Fantastic. A bit tricky though, weren't they?

Comment

Working...
                            X