Freeloader compatibility thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeloader compatibility thread

Can anyone tell me what's happened to the Freeloader compatibility thread or has no one made up a new one since we changed to the new forum?

Anyway, I got a major crashing problem on my brand new PAL Gamecube with a 2nd hand copy of US Super Monkey Ball 2 (which looks mint) using the new Freeloader 1.06b.

Can anyone else confirm if they've had this problem as well and what are my real options of correcting this other than buying an NTSC Gamecube and a new NTSC compatible TV?

Thanks to all replies in advance...

That's strange; I have Super Monkey Ball 2 and Freeloader 1.06b and it works fine on a PAL GameCube. Perhaps, it's you're copy of the game... has it got any scratches on the disc?. Or maybe it's you're Freeloader disc.

Sorry mate, but it works fine for me.

EDIT: If you still suffer from the crashing problem, you could sell you're US copy of SMB 2 and get the PAL version. To save buying an NTSC 'Cube

Comment

Yeah smb2 came out on friday over here.
      I would like to buy it but im poor .
      I mean your copy if you were going to sell it I dont have a pal cube anymore you see.

Comment

There is a site here:
        Travel blog focussing on Japan and beyond. Photography, Culture, Food and rabbits.

Comment

It would probably be easier to have a freeloader INcompatability thread.

Comment

I've just tried playing Super Monkey Ball 2 again and it's just done it again!

It's so strange, it just freezes!
            It only happens with this US Gamecube game that I've got.

I'm not sure what it can be but I'm gonna change my new Gamecube with a different one and see what happens then.

It could well be that my US Super Monkey Ball 2 is knackered but it really is mint...

P.S. I prefer NTSC stuff usually. I only got a PAL Gamecube 'cause my TV can't handle NTSC properly and I got this so that I can play my games in colour...

Comment

you could have got one of those rgb cables for an ntsc cube then i would have worked in colour

theres no scratches marks on the disc that could do it ?

Comment

Right, I've just tried it without a memory card and it still freezes on a certain level...

It can only be either the disc which indeed looks absolutely mint or my new PAL Gamecube.

P.S. I really hate PAL stuff and prefer not to buy PAL where possible.
                I actually owned a Panasonic Q for a while but I couldn't play it as it came out in black and white on my TV. At the time then, nobody made RGB cables for the Panasonic Q and only a few months later some people starting to do them for ?70 when they first came out...

Comment

Working...
                X