Paper Mario 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Mario 2

First of all, my copy arrived today from Play Asia. They shipped early, and I used the standard shipping method, just so I don't get any questions like this.

Well, I fired Paper Mario 2 up today. Never played the first one on the N64, so this was completely new. I've only given it about 20 minutes bash before I have to head off to work.

All I can say, is this game is absolutely lovely. The visuals, the feel of it all, the sound is excellent, and I can really tell this is going to be an enjoyable experiance.

Just thought i'd fill you in on my brief impressions. I'll post some extended ones this evening.

Now, i'll finish as I started.

Never really heard about this game. What type of game is it? Also isit playablein jap?

Comment

112 try and find the thread in the headlines forum. Theres a movie that shows off what paper mario is all about better than any words can.

I look forward to this thread blossoming in the next few weeks, this game should be something special. In the meantime, I'm in need of a play-asia voucher....!

Comment

I'm looking forward to this, but its the US version for me. I haven't played any RPGs in years, then 3 (at least) have perked my interest all at once.

Comment

Could someone with the game possibly video capture the intro?

Comment

I'm with SharkAttack on this one... The US version for me too. The text, humour and the script in general in Paper Mario 1 and Mario and Luigi (Its a little bit similar) was what gave the games so much appeal and charm imo...

To lose that is to lose a HUGE part of the experience and enjoyment. For me personally anyhow. Usually, i couldnt care less getting a japanese version other an English, but this is different.

Although saying that, i know i'll break in a few days and will prob get the Jp version, just to admire the look and feel and then get the US version in Oct. heh.
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Thanks dave heats - you should of picked it up from japan when you was there! and since coming back from a spending spree, paper mario 2 should bethe least of your worries as you have a **** load of other games to plow though............considering you didnt put all your own games in the suit case you put on a boat lol!

Comment

So I take it there is no secret English subtitles option? October is very close to Halo 2, so if I wait for the US release of Paper Mario 2 I'll have to get through it very quickly...

Comment

I'm desperate to play PM2, but I'm waiting for the US release - want to get the most out of it for myself.

Keep looking at it on Playasia though...

Comment

cant beleive i got this today, i'm usually waiting two or three more days than everybody else.

i've only been playing for around 20 mins, but its definately an RPG...huge amounts of text being thrown around, but no idea how important any of it is so far.
                    graphics are great, already seen a screen full of enemies right after the first battle.

re: jassi singh the intro isnt that impressive really, just a 2d story book type thing

Comment

I played the N64 version and I have to say I wouldn't fancy tackling a Japanese version of this game. There will be quite a lot of text and quite a lot will be important...

Still, like everyone else I'm sitting here chomping at the bit....Curse release schedules!!

Worldwide people, worldwide!!

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                        Thanks dave heats - you should of picked it up from japan when you was there! and since coming back from a spending spree, paper mario 2 should bethe least of your worries as you have a **** load of other games to plow though............considering you didnt put all your own games in the suit case you put on a boat lol!

Thats true, Ive got far too many games to play right now. But the movies Ive seen of this just look gorgeous! I might and see what peoples impressions are like first though before buying.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of my painful suitcase ordeal mate

Comment

The thought of a turn-based RPG usually turns my stomach, but this seems like a great game.
                          Just been playing it for about an hour, and I've now got 3 in my party. Also found a key and used it to get a new ability- the ability to turn into a paper aeroplane to cross big gaps and stuff

Love the look of the game...nice touches like the houses & buildings "folding" apart to let you see the inside when you use the door, game seems full of cool stuff like that, plus the music is very good. Excellent stuff so far.

Comment

Someone on the IGN GC board claims to have beaten it in 9hrs. I hope he's talking crap......

Comment

One thing i've found so far, is that you do get taken back a bit by all the dialogue. At one point, I was like, oh my god, what the **** is going on. Which was kind of annoying, but luckily I soon worked it out. It was the battles that threw me a bit.

Haven't played much tonight, just been wondering around what looks like the main town. Going in buildings and talking to people. I got some money for doing that too!

I tried to fight the guard but lost miserably. I've also come accross two chests which I can't get too, and 3 locked doors (right at the end of the town, on the right)

So, i'm not sure what i'm supposed to be doing now tbh. One guy won't let me out of the town on the left.

The beauty of Jap gaming, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X