PS2 Network Adaptor Troubles. "DNAS Authenticating"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Network Adaptor Troubles. "DNAS Authenticating"

Just got my adaptor, having trouble setting the thing up. It wouldn't work with my set up (512K Broadband-Router-Wireless Device-Mac-Ethernet from mac to PS2) so I had to fiddle.

Well after a bit of fiddling on the PS2 I found an option to enter the details manually rather than by default. So I've copied my Xbox live settings across and they have worked to an extent.
    On the network diagnostics screen I get four yellow lights (connection OK which fills up 2 lights, ping OK, trace route Ok), however it gets stuck on the fifth and final one, "Authenticating DNAS Data" and trying to abort it causes the PS2 to freeze up. Only a reset of the PS2 gets me off this screen.

What is this DNAS data and what do I specifically need to alter to make this last light turn green?

I have also turned firewalls off BTW.

Do you have a modded ps2? Are you playing a backup? Is it an import running on a PAL ps2?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then it won't work.

Comment

The answer is no to them all.

It's an unmodded UK PAL PS2 and I'm not even trying it with a game in the machine. I'm having this problem when I'm just trying to connect to the central station or am running the diagnostic software included with the adaptor.

Comment

Just checking that your Xbox is switched off?

Neil.

Comment

Actually I had this problem also with my Wireless setup. I fixed it by upgrading the software on the wireless bridge. Although I was able to make it work using manual settings.

Neil.

Comment

DNAS is awful, I have to use it everyday (don't ask). Now the disk which comes with the adaptor has a major bug, which is when certain DNAS errors are created it hangs. Sony's response is to continue shipping this disk even they know it has major problems. ft:

Once it took me two hours as I tried get one machine setup with the 'lucky dip' setup procedure. I'm sorry to say this but your just going to have keep trying until you get lucky.

There is a better way to get around this though, as some games actually include a network configuration setup utility which actually work (as they actually give you the DNAS network error code so you know what the problem is), but I don't know which games have this feature (I thnk Socom 2 does).

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
              Just checking that your Xbox is switched off?

Neil.

Yes it is. I can connect etc so the connection isn't the problem, it's this DNAS thingy which is some propriatory Sony thing that apparently is just ensuring my machine and games are legit. All my software for the router, mac and airport (wireless device) is as current as can be.

Comment

Cheers Rushy.
                Is there a possibility it could be some PS2 incompatability with Mac and my set up? Essentially it's the Windows ICS setup that's on the Sony site but the Mac OSX take on it.

Comment

WHilst DNAS has the ability to check if you are using a modded console etc I understand that SCEE haven't enabled this function yet.

Neil.

Comment

Apart from the wireless issue I've had no problems with any Sony games and getting online. Just tried a manual connection and an auto one from scratch and it worked perfectly both times...

Neil.

Comment

Right. Rushy's suggestion of trying with a game has had an effect.
                      Rather than just sitting there endlessly, after about 2 minutes when I try online with Amplitude I get this:

"DNAS Error (-603) A network error has occurred. Please check your network connection and/or network configuration. Further information is provided on the network disc."

Funnily enough on the Sony website forum they list all the error codes and what to do to cure them. My code isn't listed on there

I've emailed Sony again, hopefully they will be more useful than last time.

Comment

bowser,
                        Check the cables are ok etc.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
                          "DNAS Error (-603) A network error has occurred. Please check your network connection and/or network configuration. Further information is provided on the network disc."
                          I'll find out what that error is for ya, just need to speak to the right person, bbl (yes i am in work )

Comment

Originally posted by lostn
                            Do you have a modded ps2? Are you playing a backup? Is it an import running on a PAL ps2?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then it won't work.
                            Out of interesti run all my online games on a modded ps2 with no major probs (im on beta as well so have had loads of games)

Dnas is ****e tho i have to say, on every ps2 ive seen online it fails to log in at some point !

Comment

Cheers Rushy for going that extra mile. Most appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X